GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,111 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » General

Subject: Coming Soon To A Store Near You? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Tower
United States
Walpole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally broke down and ordered this game yesterday from Thoughthammer.com (very quick service by the way...cheap plug for them) but first I tried to find it at a store in my area. Now I live in Quincy, MA so my area includes Boston. Also I had to go to a wedding in southern New York this past weekend a I got to look in a local hobby store there.

Not only did these stores not have the game I usually got a blank look when I mentioned the title. Is this game only available online? Has anyone seen it on a store shelf anywhere?

It's too bad if stores aren't getting this game in as I'm sure it would find a larger audience if it was "out there" so to speak.

Just curious what everyone else's experience has been in locating this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Multiple copies are on the shelf of my local store in Marietta, GA.

Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Steuperaert
Belgium
Desselgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Afraid i cant help you much. Me live in europe, recently started a gaming group. Been reading alot about this one and finally after a week of doubting i bought it on ebay. Luckely the dollar euro rate of lately are a bit on my side. Still payed around 55 euro for the game but that included the shipping and a set of promos. A bit much but wanted it badly so i finally give in to my urges

So basically i never seen it in a store but thats not to surpising is it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ward
United States
x
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's at Funagain, and before someone rants at me about online retailers versus FLGS, Funagain IS my local store. There's one here in Oregon and one in Colorado.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twinge
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Our local store was very excited about getting in a couple copies of this a week or two ago; I imagine they have some in by now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It's been in two local stores for a while now... in Idaho fer Chrissakes! The Bostson area stores ought to be ashamed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmb
Unfortunately the only gaming store close to me is predominantly a toy store and has a terrible selection. So I have to pick most of my games off the net. I would rather be supporting the local guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tower
United States
Walpole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheEbonyTurtle wrote:
Unfortunately the only gaming store close to me is predominantly a toy store and has a terrible selection. So I have to pick most of my games off the net. I would rather be supporting the local guy.

That is exactly how I feel...I really want to support the small local store before I buy from an online site. It's interesting to read where some places are getting in this game and some have no clue about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fristrom
United States
Watertown
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I bought a copy a week ago at the Compleat Strategist in Boston. They may be out of it now (I haven't been back since), but they certainly know about the game and have had at least one copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
badge
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.
mbmbmbmbmb
After running the game at my FLGS, they sold every copy! It didn't take long for them to order more and as of last Friday, all but two of these were sold.

Perhaps FFP should put us on comission?

Bob
zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Watch where you point that thing :)
mbmbmbmbmb
dfristrom wrote:
I bought a copy a week ago at the Compleat Strategist in Boston. They may be out of it now (I haven't been back since), but they certainly know about the game and have had at least one copy.

For anyone that's local to the Boston area and wants to support their local FLGS. Here's a link to them:
http://www.thecompleatstrategist.com/index.asp?PageAction=VI...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sulin
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy at my FLGS(Games Plus, Mount Prospect, IL). That was over 3 weeks ago though and they only had a couple few copies. It sounds like FFP underestimated the demand for the game(which is understandable since it is there first game) and they are selling out rather quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I saw a copy downtown Ottawa, at Fandom II.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting for it here in the UK...
Hopefully BEFORE Halloween...zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly isn't in Australia yet cry

Trying real hard not to order it from an online retailer. (The shipping costs more than the game!!!)

Ben.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.