Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Dukai
Hungary
Kecskemét
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Title.

I am planning to buy this game to play with my wife. She likes Terra Mystica (we tried it on Steam) and I thought it would be better to get Gaia Project.

The board is modular, but does it actually work for two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danieldukai wrote:
Title.

I am planning to buy this game to play with my wife. She likes Terra Mystica (we tried it on Steam) and I thought it would be better to get Gaia Project.

The board is modular, but does it actually work for two?

Yes! (Unlike Terra Mystica) it's a great game with two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lionel M
msg tools
I usually play PG at 2, 4 or with the solo mode. Each time it's great. There's so many variability, you can't annoy yourself. Furthermore if you liked TM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Kern
msg tools
GP is good at all player counts and is my favorite game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Ebert

McDonough
Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They really fixed the 2 player issue Terra Mystica has. Having the modular board allows for more variety and it creates a tight, but not too tight, space for 2 players. I've also played the Automa solo and it is super easy to use. I liked Terra Mystica but Gaia Project in my opinion blows it out of the water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K O
msg tools
If you like Terra Mystica, but your focus is on 2 players, then Gaia Project is an excellent choice. It is near perfect at all player counts. Although not advertised this way, you can even use the Automa from solo play to simulate a 3 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is even the option to play a 3 player game with an Automa if you want to try that.
But that’s certainly not needed as it works great with 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gilborson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played 25 times plus and most at 2 player, we love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oedipussy Rex
msg tools
Quote:
What should I know about 2 player gameplay?

Three's a crowd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanley Laurel
United States
flag msg tools
Gaia Project is a really great 2 player game. My wife and I play it all the time, it is our current go to game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Smith
msg tools
Lenrok wrote:
If you like Terra Mystica, but your focus is on 2 players, then Gaia Project is an excellent choice. It is near perfect at all player counts. Although not advertised this way, you can even use the Automa from solo play to simulate a 3 player game.

Yep, 2p + automa works really well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.