Thumb up
1 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: Shogun Modding - A few questions and ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikko Toikka
flag msg tools

I've been reading BGG for quite awhile but this far I havent had the need to post/register on these forums. Now I however have.

Anyhow, as most know the rules of the Shogun(Wallenstein) boardgame are somewhat lacking and confusing. My primary question is, does anyone here have a decent link to a site that contains rule clarifications and/or errata? We've had some debates about how some situations should go. cool

Queen's site isnt much of a help since it just locks up and is *very* sorry for not having the content translated.

My other question is, has anyone tried modding the game?

There has been some discussion of how the Shogun system is in a sence, somewhat simple. Of course this can be endlessly debated due to the exellent system of turn sequence changes every round, but sometimes you'd want something more.

After some games I've started considering -altough not yet experimented with - some additions to the rules, for example:

In every region you can "upgrade" a castle, a temple and a no-theatre.
This happens rather simply by building an another one of the buildings, as if you'd be trying to build another building of the same type to the same province. You cannot upgrade until all availiabe building "spaces" are taken in the province.

Upgraded Castles give + 1 armies when defending the province and/or give an extra army each time you recruit more armies in the province and/or give some sort of "elite" unit that each daimyo possesess 3 of. These units can only be placed on the game board with the "place one army and move" action, used in the province of the castle. This unit is exactly the same as other armies, exept that when coming down from the tower it counts as 2 rather than normal one counting as one.

Upgraded temples would be as simple as giving +1 war chests if taxes would be collected in the province, and upgraded theatres "farms" that give +1 rice.

In addition to this, these upgraded buildings could be burn down, if the province were conquered just to piss off the guy that had hard time building them.

Most houses have an old monopoly or some other board game of some sort and I've been thinking of using the hotels from there as upg.Castles and the smaller houses as "farms". I dont know how to mark the upg. temples exept with of course, small houses painted yellow or such.

Other than this my ideas are going rather thin. Exept of course adding more cubes to the battlefield since the cube tower absolutely rocks
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.