Popular Tags: [View All]
Hank Panethiere
United States
Kirkwood
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you tell which edition you are buying...what are the cosmetic differences on the box? Also, if you get the first edition with the nicer board...how do you get the newer rules? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first edition has a 1st and 2nd printing. I believe the 2nd printing has a felt instead of rubber board, and the pen caps now fit on the back of the pens. (I think.) I would guess that you're nearly certain to receive the 2nd printing if you buy the game. I don't know if you can tell the difference from the box.

I think the second edition with revised rules will come in a smaller box.

But I could be wrong....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
We sold out of the first print run of the first edition in January 2007. I don't think it is possible to get that print run anymore.

The second edition will have a bright yellow box that is much smaller than the first edition. You could not confuse the two editions unless you were blind and had lost all sense of touch.

In fact, I decided to post a picture of the 2nd edition box so you can see it:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/253180

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Waits
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, but on the 1st edition, is there any way to tell the neoprene version from the felt version?

It may not be available in the retail channels; however, there are still "new in shrink" copies up for trade.

Second, is there a way for us 1e owners to get the 2e rules?

Finally, thanks for all of your participation here on BGG - it's great when customers are able to communicate directly with someone like you.

Thanks,
Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
swaits wrote:
Ok, but on the 1st edition, is there any way to tell the neoprene version from the felt version?

No, I'm sorry. The packaging is exactly the same.

swaits wrote:
Second, is there a way for us 1e owners to get the 2e rules?

I will post it as soon as I get the correct file. My graphic artists have been too busy to get it to me so I will see if I can make something on my own (as soon as I get a free couple of hours).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.