6 Posts

The Scarlet Pimpernel» Forums » General

Subject: The cheaper price on their website and why it isn't a big deal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmb
I'm a late backer so I can't post in the KS. I know this isn't going to make everyone happy but EGG pushed out an update saying the production costs were cheaper than expected and offered everyone $15 off their next KS you back. I wager this is why they had no qualms selling it for less on their site than we paid in the KS. Of course you have to back something else from them to get this benefit which is going to stink for some. Anyway I just wanted to make this connection as I see it being questioned in the comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Watson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
feartheclown wrote:
I'm a late backer so I can't post in the KS. I know this isn't going to make everyone happy but EGG pushed out an update saying the production costs were cheaper than expected and offered everyone $15 off their next KS you back. I wager this is why they had no qualms selling it for less on their site than we paid in the KS. Of course you have to back something else from them to get this benefit which is going to stink for some. Anyway I just wanted to make this connection as I see it being questioned in the comments.

Where can I find that information as I plan to back On Mars?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmb
Silent Geek wrote:
feartheclown wrote:

Its in Update #11 of the Kickstarter for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up, I forgot all about that update, 10 updates ago.

Update #11 wrote:
In other news we reached out to new manufacturers for a more competitive quote as we were not 100% happy with the original quote. In doing so, we were able to get costs down for production and as such we want to pass savings on to our backers in the form of a shipping coupon on a future Kickstarter project. We are offering $15 off shipping for the next Eagle-Gryphon Kickstarter that you back within the next 18 months. This is valid for both League Members and Honorary League Members. We hope that this helps alleviate some of your disappointment about the stickers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Silent Geek wrote:
feartheclown wrote:

Good catch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Cotrim
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Silent Geek wrote:
feartheclown wrote:

It should be applied automatically - when I backed Escape Plan it was discounted from the shipping.

Ruth mentioned that they are keeping track of which backers still haven't used it. Keep in mind that it'll probably not be at the KS pledge stage, only later during the pledge manager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.