Jean-François Gagné
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to find an answer to this question, but I was wondering if there was a limit to the number of Allies and artifacts you could have. I believe there are no limits, but seeing my girlfriend leading an army of followers made me wonder...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Ally question
DjihEf (#38819),

The only limitations are on cards which say armor (you can have 1 armor card) or weapons (you can two cards which have the weapon signifier).

Otherwise, you can have as many allies, artifacts, runes, etc. as you can get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-François Gagné
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deadeyedick (#38824),
Thanks! Just wanted to make sure. My girlfriend won the last game by taking down Margath with her army of hireling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DjihEf (#38829),

Yeah - it can be pretty discouraging to see an armada sweeping across the land. Allies are often crucial to victory (even the cheaper/lower allies).

I think it is one of those cases were if one person is gaining an advantage (allies, items, etc.) that you need to go and take something from them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-François Gagné
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deadeyedick (#38839),
Well, it was our first few games, and 2-player at that. Plus, I lost a few crucial battle (losing 5 xp)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Saumer
United States
White Bear Township
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deadeyedick (#38824),

Given the sensible restrictions on carrying Weapons and Armor, don't you think it's strange that shields are classified as Artifacts, allowing players to potentially carry all 4 of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Torbin_Bequette (#38906),

It does. But I guess they wanted to give someone the ability to wear armor and carry a shield (and not allow 2 armors which would be insane!!).

I think that is part of why the advanced rules are more "balanced" in terms of the fact that they limit your ability to activate things in combat. (In short, you are limited to activating a single item throughout the entire combat...) So while someone would have all 4, they could really only use 1, and the use of that one would prohibit the use of ANY other card with the keyword of "activate."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deadeyedick (#38935),

>> Oops! Wish I could edit my post... I meant can activate one item per round (not the entire combat). But the effect is still very limiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.