Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Stephens
Australia
Mt Martha
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing for years and have never worried about VPs as we play fully co-op.

I'm trying DFTGs "Legacy" campaign and need to calculate VPs.
Is it just the sum of the Victory Points in your Victory pile with no modifiers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bdst wrote:
I have been playing for years and have never worried about VPs as we play fully co-op.

I'm trying DFTGs "Legacy" campaign and need to calculate VPs.
Is it just the sum of the Victory Points in your Victory pile with no modifiers?

No. There are things that deduct points from your total, too (Bystanders that were carried off by Villains, the number of Scheme Twists that occurred, etc). It is all defined pretty well at the end of the base game rulebook.

I would quote it here, but I'm posting from my phone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
No. There are things that deduct points from your total, too (Bystanders that were carried off by Villains, the number of Scheme Twists that occurred, etc). It is all defined pretty well at the end of the base game rulebook.

I would quote it here, but I'm posting from my phone.

Clarification: Don't those extra things only apply to solo scoring?

The main rules are "If the players defeat the Mastermind, then the player with the most Victory Points is the most legendary hero of all and the individual winner." and "At the end of the game, Villains and Bystanders in your Victory Pile are worth the Victory Points shown on their cards." There's nothing in there about extra stuff.

The extra negatives in the end of the rulebook come immediately after the Solo rules and I've always read them as only applying to solo play.
The formatting is a little unclear if that Scoring section is a subheading or a completely new heading, but it only refers to a player in the singular throughout and would be the exact same negatives for every player so wouldn't change comparative scoring making it meaningless extra math.

The extra stuff is:
"If you win the game, add up your Victory Points and subtract these penalties:
-4 for each Bystander carried away by escaping Villains
-3 for each Scheme Twist that occurred
-1 for each Villain that escaped
Write down your score and which Heroes and Scheme and Mastermind you used. Compete to get better scores against that Mastermind and Scheme with different Heroes!"

The last bit really makes it sound like stuff meant only for competing against yourself not other people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The adjustments are only for solo play. Multiplayer VPs are just VPs with no subtractions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Stephens
Australia
Mt Martha
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all.

Quote:
"If you win the game, add up your Victory Points and subtract these penalties:
-4 for each Bystander carried away by escaping Villains
-3 for each Scheme Twist that occurred
-1 for each Villain that escaped

There is indeed another thread in which Devin Low "apologizes" for the formatting of the rulebook and confirms that this section does only apply to solo play.

It's just that there is so little about scoring multi-player games that I wondered if there were any subtractions introduced in later revisions of the game or FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, to clarify, for my Legacy campaign, your score is the VPs you collected without any of the solo deductions. The campaign uses those as a separate Villain score, so you’d be including them twice if you used them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.