Subject: Insert - TowerRex vs GamingTrunk vs Folded Space rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Caton
Australia
Morayfield
Queensland
flag msg tools
Folded Space - Cheap and light, not in stock until May at the earliest, potentially later in Australia. I worry about the difficulty in getting the tech tiles and federation tokens out, but it should be fine? About 32AUD, plus shipping.

TowerRex - Looks great, pretty much exactly what I'd want. But it's about 75AUD, which is a lot. The trays for tokens etc are amazing though.

GamingTrunk - Looks basically the same as TowerRex, but maybe not quite as nice? About 68AUD unstained, so slightly cheaper. The acrylic lid on the tile box is nice, and it looks super easy to get the tech tiles and federation tokens out.

What one does everyone recommend? Should I just spend half the price and go for the Folded Space? Not sure if anyone has actually received this yet, but if so what are your thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Rael
Netherlands
Haarlem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally have the TowerRex insert and it is really nice. Unfortunately not everything fits super snuggly, so when transporting the game stuff will likely shift (tech and federation tokens).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter dR
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the TowerRex insert and I really like it.
Not only the looks but also quality. Saves a lot of time in setting up the game.

For some games I also have the folded space inserts. Not as good looking as wooden inserts but also very good. If you look at value for your money this is your insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Caton
Australia
Morayfield
Queensland
flag msg tools
usurper wrote:

For some games I also have the folded space inserts. Not as good looking as wooden inserts but also very good. If you look at value for your money this is your insert.

Would you say the TowerRex inserts are better than the Folded Space inserts in helping with setup/pack up, or are they just nicer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Rael
Netherlands
Haarlem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
G3ck092 wrote:
Would you say the TowerRex inserts are better than the Folded Space inserts in helping with setup/pack up, or are they just nicer?

I have them for some games, but mostly because there is/was no wooden insert available. They are nice, but the wooden ones just feel and look better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Stone
Australia
Wavell Heights
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend the lovely bags available from the Geek Store

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bokken B
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
I have the gaming trunk organizer and overlays for Gaia Project. I put an initial review up on one of these (maybe organized games?) I'm going to update my review soon, when i have time. But the long and short of it, they're worth every penny, quality product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Alexander
msg tools
Bokken wrote:
I have the gaming trunk organizer and overlays for Gaia Project. I put an initial review up on one of these (maybe organized games?) I'm going to update my review soon, when i have time. But the long and short of it, they're worth every penny, quality product.

This. Cant emphasise how good the gaming trunk overlays are. Having them fit in the box with the otganiser makes it the best on the market (the folded space would be if overlays fit).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls