Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
119 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » GeekBay

Subject: 2019 DTC VFM Admin Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Gallo
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EE Venue Change WW


We have just learned the original location for the Thursday Exchange will be configured as an auditorium with no tables. As a result the Thursday Exchange has been moved to Boca V-VIII.

There has also been some positive feedback from another con regarding assigning sellers to specific tables in alpha order and publishing a location map prior to the con. I have requested a room configuration map and will do a study on the number of sellers taking the number of sold games into account. While I won't put the final solution up for a vote, I will read and consider all input posted here.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mistretta
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RE: Venue Change

Bob, just keep in mind the number of tables available as well as room space. Last year there was spill out into the halls because there just wasn't enough tables to set up at.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gallo
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
markmist wrote:
RE: Venue Change

Bob, just keep in mind the number of tables available as well as room space. Last year there was spill out into the halls because there just wasn't enough tables to set up at.


Hi Mark, being one of the people stuck in the hall last year I am acutely aware and that's why I will do a study of the capacity as part of the organization. With regard to last year, I will note that the assigned rooms were not cleared of gamers at the time of the exchange which lead to very inefficient use of the space we were given. This was compounded by people (including me), setting up in the hall before the assigned time. This year I will be on-site no less than 30 minutes ahead of time and I will insist gamers clear the room, I will also insist that sellers not setup prematurely in the hall.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Palm Beach County
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
(If we can) I think someone needs to put up signs in the room(s) in the morning stating that the room(s) must be cleared of gamers by 30 mins prior to the session starting.

Also, I think a 8.5 x 11 "sign" with each Seller's name/username would be helpful taped on high the wall behind them will help. I'll be happy to print those out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian G
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just realized that a game I listed is not the correct version / bgg entry.

Should I withdraw and re-list the correct version, or is it OK to change the entire game selected, as far as the alpha list integration and everything?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirke Lawton
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect the best approach is to simply mark the messed up listing as WITHDRAWN and create a new listing correctly. Now that you explained it, no one will whine that you're gaming the system.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gallo
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
billmcdougal wrote:
I just realized that a game I listed is not the correct version / bgg entry.

Should I withdraw and re-list the correct version, or is it OK to change the entire game selected, as far as the alpha list integration and everything?


The key is not to shift the positions of the items that follow. I've never tried but if you can change the item through an edit, that's probably best.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Palm Beach County
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Question for Bob (a/k/a The All Powerful One):

If I posted an item both on VFM and the BGG Marketplace, and it sold with a pickup outside of Dice Tower Con, should I delete the Marketplace listing and mark the VFM listing as sold with the negotiated price? or vice versa?

BGG is still getting the commission, but I want to make sure I'm following the proper procedure.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gallo
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GatorDave wrote:
Question for Bob (a/k/a The All Powerful One):

If I posted an item both on VFM and the BGG Marketplace, and it sold with a pickup outside of Dice Tower Con, should I delete the Marketplace listing and mark the VFM listing as sold with the negotiated price? or vice versa?

BGG is still getting the commission, but I want to make sure I'm following the proper procedure.


No formal etiquette beyond simply the request not to delete the entry (causing everything after to shift position). You can use the item withdrawn procedure above, or, if you want to provide additional information for the historical record you could put "Sold via BGG" with the final price.

As far as our statistics are concerned, items sold, value, etc... there's a ton of inherent inaccuracy anyway because there's no effort to capture promos grouped under a single item, the pricing of one or two items won't make a difference and the numbers are just for fun anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lambert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I feel like an idiot, but this is my first time trying to use the VFM. Can anyone give a quick step by step on how to list something to sell. I go to the Alpha List, but I am not sure how to create the post and make sure the title is displayed properly and to make sure I have the correct image for the game that I'd like to sell.

Sorry for the silly question, but for the life of me I can't figure it out and don't want to mess up the Alpha List for everyone else.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulvgar118 wrote:
I feel like an idiot, but this is my first time trying to use the VFM. Can anyone give a quick step by step on how to list something to sell. I go to the Alpha List, but I am not sure how to create the post and make sure the title is displayed properly and to make sure I have the correct image for the game that I'd like to sell.

Sorry for the silly question, but for the life of me I can't figure it out and don't want to mess up the Alpha List for everyone else.


Outside of the alpha list, at the top of the geeklist on any page, hit add item, hit board game, type in the game you want and it'll pop up. I use a generic description text for every listing like below. I am not planning to attend one of the scheduled events and not everyone is doing geek martket listings like me, so the bottom paragraph is not necessary

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/254937/item/6883376#item6...

"
Condition:

Version/Notes:

BIN:


I will NOT sell at the VFM scheduled event. But I’ll be at the con Tuesday night through Sunday morning and I’m happy to cart game(s) to wherever you are. If you buy a game from me, please purchase through the Geek Market listing I create for you, it’s easier to track."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lambert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Thank you for your help. This was great and I was able to post my items.

Next question I have is I haven't done much on BGG forums and I am curious have I can quickly view all items I am subscribed to so I can easily look back at my items and see if anyone responded to them.

Thank you again for all your assistance,

Wulvgar118
David
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulvgar118 wrote:
Thank you for your help. This was great and I was able to post my items.

Next question I have is I haven't done much on BGG forums and I am curious have I can quickly view all items I am subscribed to so I can easily look back at my items and see if anyone responded to them.

Thank you again for all your assistance,

Wulvgar118
David


Great!

You can do a few different things. If you subscribed to the games you can click on your subscriptions above your name, manage subscriptions and then geeklist items.
In your profile you can click the contributions banner and go down to geeklist items and click the number
Third, you can use this link: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/items/user/wulvgar118...

Edit: I think you liked the wrong thing for sword and sorcery
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe K
United States
Temperance
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. -- Samuel Beckett
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is the alpha list cutting off at "W" when I sort by game name?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gallo
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slackerjoe wrote:
Why is the alpha list cutting off at "W" when I sort by game name?


My bad, been spending the entire weekend moving. Will fix with tomorrow morning's update
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirke Lawton
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was just because you were x-ist. whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Sciacca
United States
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is admin running behind on updating the alpha listing due the holiday?
I ask because only a few on my games are showing up on it...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick Sciacca wrote:
Is admin running behind on updating the alpha listing due the holiday?
I ask because only a few on my games are showing up on it...


He said he was moving 2 posts up lol
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Sciacca
United States
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bob, did I do something wrong when I posted my games? I listed them all Monday morning, but as of today, they still don’t show on the alpha listing... please let me know. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gallo
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Uggg, sorry folks. I did start moving a week ago and if you've ever seen the movie The Money Pit you have an idea where we are right now. It's an older house from the early 70's but fully renovated, however, not all of the work was professional and bit by bit we're having to immediately redo some critical work. To add to the delay, I actually did an update on Tuesday and forgot to upload it (I usually double check).

Anyway, preparing update now, should be up in about 30 minutes.

And, house emergencies seem to be stabilizing, updates should return to daily.
5 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Sciacca
United States
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, Bob. Good luck with the “money pit”!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Palm Beach County
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick Sciacca wrote:
Thanks, Bob. Good luck with the “money pit”!


Did Bob go out and buy a boat???
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
heya Admins, is the Alpha list down? been trying all morning.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gallo
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
heya Admins, is the Alpha list down? been trying all morning.


Fixed. I tried to push an update this morning from an airplane WiFi and lost the connection just before uploading the key file.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gallo
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GatorDave wrote:
Rick Sciacca wrote:
Thanks, Bob. Good luck with the “money pit”!


Did Bob go out and buy a boat???


Not that bad. We bought an older house. Week 1; small lake formed on side of house with underground plumbing for washer drain, AC drain, and pool plumbing. Turned out to be improper AC drainage, was easily fixed. No hot water in kid's bathroom, had to replace cartridge, Washing Machine lit up like a Christmas Tree with error codes, replaced, ran over septic pipe clean out connection with moving truck and shattered the screw cap and mate, replaced (had to glue in a small chip of the T connector or I would have had to excavate and done some major replacement). Killed live winged termites (but no evidence of damage), scheduling mid-level treatment and crossing our fingers. And then there were the anticipated expenses like a 5 cam security system.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.