James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Matthieux wrote:
I think there's an error on page 7 of the tutorial. In agent phase, we can read that Abe makes an Examine action and then claim an insight marker on space "3". The move on Space 3 is correct as we were on space 2 from the previous examine action BUT there's no token on this space as the case file card says to put markers on spaces 2,4 and 8...

You are correct! Whoops. I've got a feeling we may have tweaked the Case File details and forgotten to change the Tutorial accordingly. My bad.
If you read it that Abe rolls a 6 and advances it by 2, picking up the marker on space 4, that works... I'll add it to the errata. Good spot

Goro87 wrote:
Hi, I have a couple of questions after playing the game.

1) After the Confrontation begins, the first thing that (usually) happens is the enemy phase, and the boss immediately attacks, right?

2) I'm scratching my head on this one. What happens after a knock-out agent is back on the board? Specifically, I don't find anything in the rules regarding his health. Does he get all his health back? Does he remove all the injuries, but mantain all the damages?

1) Yes! Some Case Files might let you go first, if you're lucky, but I'm guaranteeing nothing...

2) Yep, it's exactly as the good doctor said

Your health stays exactly as it is. You've regained consciousness, but that doesn't mean you've magically healed! Remember, the rule is that you get knocked out if your health track is full of injury markers and then you take more damage. That means that, unless you specifically heal up, one point of damage will knock you out again! Again, you generally recover from unconsciousness at the start of the Rest phase, so you immediately get a chance to Recuperate, but if you're hauling yourself to your feet during a Confrontation... well, it ain't called a Last-Ditch Recovery for nothing!

Goro87 wrote:
Thanks for the answers! That sounds... harsh. I basically played today my first game, and it went perfectly fine until the confrontation, which was
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Ghost Rasputin
. Then the game spiraled into a complete disaster. However, I've seen other comments pointing out the difficulty of this particular scenario, so I guess that's a bit unbalanced one. The game plays really nicely, but can hit very hard. Let's see what happens after I get a better grasp of it

That's definitely seeming to be one of the hardest Case Files, which is confusing because it definitely wasn't that challenging during testing! We've now got our copy so we'll give it a go and see how we get on.

fait101 wrote:
Hi,

What Abe´s StrongArm ability exact does?
Hurl 1 enemy that is inside the Abe´s area to other area?
Or the Hurled enemy stays inside the Abe´s area??

Pick an enemy in your area and hurl it into an adjacent area
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick note - now that most of the obvious questions have been picked up, I'm going to take a step back so I can get on with other work! I'm going to be checking in on the thread once or twice a week. In the meantime, please help each other out wherever possible - and check the FAQ (in the files section).

Thanks!
James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mak logan
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
Lobster Johnson 'said A LEGEND IN DEATH he tests orange dice (3 dice) or he rolls only 1 die and hopes for a 2 result?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Molinaro
Italy
Usmate Velate
Monza Brianza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Projection unique action by Abe: does the action cube used to mark the spot in which he can Examine have to be an unspent one? Or I can use the one I spent for the action?
TY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Question:
Is there a Deck of Doom Card for The Visitor? I cannot find one in my copy. All other main heroes have one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Some Encounter Cards Mention a "Sinister Bird". I cannot find an Enemy Card that refers to that creature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bort Bertsson
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the tickler wrote:
Some Encounter Cards Mention a "Sinister Bird". I cannot find an Enemy Card that refers to that creature.

Apparently the "Sinister Bird" are like frog spawns for the BPRD Archives. There is a note in the FAQ/Errata document about them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Ink
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
the tickler wrote:

There should be a “rules card“ for the sinister birds (check your KS extra card piles).
Basically (if I remember correctly), you draw an extra doom card for each sinister bird on the board in the doom phase. And if there are ever 3 or more of them on the board, they are each replaced by a Harpy.
Sinister birds can be removed in the same ways as frog swarms.
Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ODYNH wrote:
Lobster Johnson 'said A LEGEND IN DEATH he tests orange dice (3 dice) or he rolls only 1 die and hopes for a 2 result?

Just the one die, yeah.

miller66]Projection unique action by Abe: does the action cube used to mark the spot in which he can Examine have to be an unspent one? Or I can use the one I spent for the action?
TY[/q wrote:

I'm assuming you mean Johann, not Abe! Use the cube you spent for the action.

[q="the tickler"]Question:
Is there a Deck of Doom Card for The Visitor? I cannot find one in my copy. All other main heroes have one.

Hmm, I'll have to check this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fred Ink wrote:
the tickler wrote:

There should be a “rules card“ for the sinister birds (check your KS extra card piles).
Basically (if I remember correctly), you draw an extra doom card for each sinister bird on the board in the doom phase. And if there are ever 3 or more of them on the board, they are each replaced by a Harpy.
Sinister birds can be removed in the same ways as frog swarms.
Cheers!

Yes, this is it. There's a New Rules card in the BPRD Archives set which explains it. Out of interest, have you watched our video guide? It sounds like you might just be jumping in with all the components, but we'd recommend doing the core set first then adding expansions one at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Concussive Grenade
Requisition Card wrote:
Concussive Grenade
Ranged Weapon. Roll 3 red dice ...

Do I throw a blue die with the 3 red ones (like a normal ranged attack)?
Are these dice modified in any way by
- ranged attack damage markers on the charakter?
-
insight markers on the confrontation board when fighting against the big frog monster in the tutorial scenario?

2) Target priority
Is target priority effected by Doom cards or Boss Behaviour like Pounce that specifically target the Lead Agent? As I understand it, the Leading Agent will suffer all the effeckts. He will only move back in the queue, if the queue was important for determing which agent will be attacked by an enemy. Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Müller
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmb
Question about possible downgrades

Rules page 11: "... but regardless of how many are applied s single die can never be upgraded or downgraded more than once per roll."

Can someone clarify this please, do I read this correct: if you suffer 4 downgrades (for example in a SHOOT test), you still only downgrade each die once - and the rest of the downgrades are ignored?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bort Bertsson
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
codeeater wrote:
Question about possible downgrades

Rules page 11: "... but regardless of how many are applied s single die can never be upgraded or downgraded more than once per roll."

Can someone clarify this please, do I read this correct: if you suffer 4 downgrades (for example in a SHOOT test), you still only downgrade each die once - and the rest of the downgrades are ignored?

That's how I've read it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Heaton
msg tools
the tickler wrote:
Question:

I can second there being no deck of doom card for the visitor in my copy, not sure if this is intentional.

Another question - since these cards seem to be used together in missions (Black symbol encounter cards), is the fact they both say point of interest (1) correct? Or is one meant to say either (2) or (3)? If both are meant to be (1), then what's the ruling when being told to place a second p.o.i(1) if its already on the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Grimmett
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Regarding Knocked out.

The rules state
"Once all the spaces on an Agent’s health track
contain an injury, the next damage they suffer
will cause them to be knocked out. Remove their
miniature from the board and remove their marker
from the target priority queue (shuffling any others
forward as necessary).

Knocked out Agents are temporarily out of play,
but will be able to "

Now. Lets say I have a Giant Monster, a 2-size piece of scenery and a knocked out character marker in a room. Is it full?

I ask because of the problem that occurs when you return players.

If the area is not full, a player or enemy can move into the room. What happens when the knocked-out agent is returned to the gamer board in an already full room.

We played it as igf the agent is on the floor knocked out, so is stillo taking up room in the area.

Thoughts pls.

Loving the game.

J.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Heaton
msg tools
For case file #315497 "The Cold Shoulder"
is there meant to be a door here, or do we act like there's no wall and spawn immediately?

Also, does Mark of the Claw boost all tests against the marked enemy, or just Johnson's?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leonardo recanatini
Italy
flag msg tools
Hello everyone. We've encountered an issue while playing the case "Hunting party":
The bossfight played out in a 2-areas corridor. When the bossfight began, all 4 agents were in a dead end of the corridor, and the boss Giant Frog Monster could not spawn there, 'cause with its dimension the area would have gone over its maximum capacity, so we spawned him in the nearest area. Well, as soon as the bosses attacks we realize that all the Boss Behaviour cards in the deck that are not a melee attack are either move+melee or spawn minions. There are no ranged attack cards for this boss (despite the ranged statistics on its enemy card), so all we did was staying all 4 together safely in the back of the corridor, defeding from occasional minions attacks, and shooting the boss from the distance while it couldn't do anything to harm us.

I don't know, it seems a bug to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
Harpy movement
Harpy enemy card wrote:
Harpy
[...]is moved to the area of a random agent (use target priority for each in turn)

If I use target priority, it is not random at all. Do I miss something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guiz68
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In our first game with the tutorial, we were in this case:

During the confrontation, the behavior card told, if the Giant Frog was not in the lead agent area, to go in the Lead Agent area and to make a melee attack. In our case, our 4 agent team was in an area preventing the giant frog to enter (size 3 + 4 agents > 6 spaces). We decided to use its ranged attack instead, but in this kind of "conflict of space", how do you manage it ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mordimer Madderdin
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guiz68 wrote:

During the confrontation, the behavior card told, if the Giant Frog was not in the lead agent area, to go in the Lead Agent area and to make a melee attack. In our case, our 4 agent team was in an area preventing the giant frog to enter (size 3 + 4 agents > 6 spaces). We decided to use its ranged attack instead, but in this kind of "conflict of space", how do you manage it ?

As far as I remember the Giant Frog card says that If it should move to area already full, Agents are hurled to the adjacent area(s) until Giant Frog Monster can fit in along the Lead Agent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mordimer Madderdin
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ClayMankey wrote:
the tickler wrote:
Question:

I can second there being no deck of doom card for the visitor in my copy, not sure if this is intentional.

Another question - since these cards seem to be used together in missions (Black symbol encounter cards), is the fact they both say point of interest (1) correct? Or is one meant to say either (2) or (3)? If both are meant to be (1), then what's the ruling when being told to place a second p.o.i(1) if its already on the board?

Same here. Is it ok James?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unique Actions
Quote:
Abe Sapien - Precision Shot
Make a Shoot action. [...]

Liz Sherman - Flame Blast
Ranged Weapon. [...]

Do I make a shoot action in both cases although the wording is different? (Meaning I roll the blue and three test dice and reduce the damage by the resilience of the target.)

Ammo
Can I put more then one Ammo card under a weapon? I wouldn't play it this way, but I cannot find a rule against it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leonardo recanatini
Italy
flag msg tools
BlessPL wrote:
Guiz68 wrote:

As far as I remember the Giant Frog card says that If it should move to area already full, Agents are hurled to the adjacent area(s) until Giant Frog Monster can fit in along the Lead Agent.

I can't really find this rule anywhere. Any idea where it could be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goro87 wrote:

Boss Behaviour - Pounce (red triangle)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Heaton
msg tools
jorl wrote:
Goro87 wrote:

Boss Behaviour - Pounce (red triangle)

I think the question was about the 'Attack' card (which I believe is a purple triangle behaviour card?) which seems to just be move and attack. So it seems if you have agents grouped up, the giant frog monster can only attack if it draws pounce or summon (which are only 2 cards in the deck?) Allowing you to keep shooting it or using the spear requisition to attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.