Popular Tags: [View All]
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
giles_t wrote:
Tutorial Insight
The tutorial and Case File #126779 say to place Insight markers on spaces 2, 4 and 8 of the Information Gathered track. From the Examine skill, the most the Information Gathered track can be advanced is 2 per clue. With only 3 clues in the Case, and a maximum of 6 possible Information Gathered, is there any way to attain the 3rd Insight marker that we are not aware of? Thanks in advance

There are encounter cards with multiple clue tokens in the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Anders wrote:

There are encounter cards with multiple clue tokens in the deck.

Thank you Anders!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

On the front face of card 2 of 6, at the start, it should read "Put Insight markers on spaces 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15 of the Information Gathered track."

Is that the standard, default configuration because it seems like a few missions do not specifically call for placing insight markers yet during the confrontation they refer to them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I make downgrades with the Concussive Grenade, depending on number of characters in the target space, or is it only affected by obscuring characters, and other possible effects?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In the BPRD expansion the cards for the map layouts have 3 Etruscan symbols on each one, in different tiles.
Perhaps I am missing something obvious, but what do they signify?
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Heaton
msg tools
Y_Ddraig_Goch wrote:
In the BPRD expansion the cards for the map layouts have 3 Etruscan symbols on each one, in different tiles.
Thank you.

When I played through a BPRD system casefile, those symbols ended up being used for
Spoiler (click to reveal)
placing certain elements, as outlined on a later card in the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Anonymous
msg tools
There appears to be an error in the example on page 31 of the rulebook regarding preparation of the encounter deck. Paragraph 3 on page 31 says "For example, using the Case File shown opposite in a three-player game, the players would take one card with a BLUE icon and two cards with a RED icon." However the Case File card on page 30 shows that a three agent game requires one BLUE icon and two GREEN icons; it is the two agent game that requires one BLUE icon and two RED icons.

I have a question about preparing the Deck of Doom. Can it be of various size depending on whether cards from expansions are mixed in? What happens if the Deck of Doom runs out during a game? Is the discard pile reshuffled and reused?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
igoryoufool wrote:
I have a question about preparing the Deck of Doom. Can it be of various size depending on whether cards from expansions are mixed in?

I would only add the expansion cards, if I play a case of the expansion. More cards wouldn't be a problem.
(Note: the rookie and hardcore cards replace cards in the doom deck, so the number does not increase when using them.)

igoryoufool wrote:
What happens if the Deck of Doom runs out during a game? Is the discard pile reshuffled and reused?

In the cases I played so far this couldn't have happended. There was always some kind of timer that would start the confrontation before the deck of doom would have run out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not a question.

I noticed that a room is used twice on one of the "short duration" cards from the BPRD case files. It can be replaced by one of the unused rooms. This might still be worth mentioning in the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. B.
France
flag msg tools
Some questions about the BRPD Showdown 3 card :
The Showdown card asks to set up the Boss to the Starting Area than to roll 2 red dice and to move the Boss toward the agent with the artefact :
Where do one put the minions added by a Confrontation card: in the starting area (as they are supposedly set up with the Boss) or in the room where the Boss stops ?
The same showdown card asks to flips all face-down Encounter cards and set up each one, which can add tons of enemies : during the enemy phase, do all the enemies come towards (except cowardly ones) the agents, even enemies in non adjacent rooms ? That the way I played and let’s say that the game did not have an happy ending.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris C
msg tools
mbmb
Does the catastrophe roll on the sill die remove multiple dice if they are tied for the highest. Example is I rolled 3 orange for defense for Hellboy and they all came up as 2 and the catastrophe face came up. Do 8 lose 1 of the dice or all 3 as they are all tied for highest scoring. I played it that it removed all 3 as that was really a catastrophe for me when the boss hit me for 8 unblocked damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
msg tools
Hi James,

Quick question on the Tutorial and the length of the fx of Enemies attacks.
On Tutorial Page 7, Hellboy rolls a Catastrophe die, which results in the Paralysing Tongue attack.
This removes an action cube.

There are three scenarios I can see from this:
1) This effect only lasts until the end of the full round
(So Page 8, when when The Agents get their cubes back, they always get all 3 back > unless they've taken action cube injuries)
This seems the best option - can't find anything in the manual tho.

2) This effect lasts until the player takes a rest.
No marker, seems easy to forget...

3) This is in play until the end of the Case.
This seems rather nasty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
akaMrKrisc wrote:
Does the catastrophe roll on the sill die remove multiple dice if they are tied for the highest. Example is I rolled 3 orange for defense for Hellboy and they all came up as 2 and the catastrophe face came up. Do 8 lose 1 of the dice or all 3 as they are all tied for highest scoring. I played it that it removed all 3 as that was really a catastrophe for me when the boss hit me for 8 unblocked damage.

I'm quite sure you discard only one die. That's bad enough.
rules page 11 wrote:
Discard the highest-scoring test die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ClayMankey wrote:
Y_Ddraig_Goch wrote:
Thank you.

When I played through a BPRD system casefile, those symbols ended up being used for
placing certain elements, as outlined on a later card in the deck.

Thank you for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris C
msg tools
mbmb
jorl wrote:
akaMrKrisc wrote:

rules page 11 wrote:

But if they are all equal then they are all the highest scoring.

My group decided to go with just the one die being removed, we might go with all same scoring dice get removed if we decide to do a "hell" difficulty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
akaMrKrisc wrote:
jorl wrote:
akaMrKrisc wrote:

rules page 11 wrote:

But if they are all equal then they are all the highest scoring.

"die" in the rules is singular meaning one die with the highest score and not all the dice with the highest score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris C
msg tools
mbmb
Then if we go by die as the singular then on a roll of 3 of the same number there would be no highest scoring die so no die would be removed as no singular die is "the highest scoring test die".
At this point it is just an argument about language use, as my group has already decided to go with removal of a single die if there are dice with the same highest number. But I would still contend that removal of multiple dice is in the spirit of the word catastrophe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Agre
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
akaMrKrisc wrote:
Then if we go by die as the singular then on a roll of 3 of the same number there would be no highest scoring die so no die would be removed as no singular die is "the highest scoring test die".
At this point it is just an argument about language use, as my group has already decided to go with removal of a single die if there are dice with the same highest number. But I would still contend that removal of multiple dice is in the spirit of the word catastrophe.

I think you are reading into this more than is necessary. Remove a single die from the highest that you rolled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Anonymous
msg tools
jorl wrote:
igoryoufool wrote:
I have a question about preparing the Deck of Doom. Can it be of various size depending on whether cards from expansions are mixed in?

I would only add the expansion cards, if I play a case of the expansion. More cards wouldn't be a problem.
(Note: the rookie and hardcore cards replace cards in the doom deck, so the number does not increase when using them.)

igoryoufool wrote:
What happens if the Deck of Doom runs out during a game? Is the discard pile reshuffled and reused?

In the cases I played so far this couldn't have happended. There was always some kind of timer that would start the confrontation before the deck of doom would have run out.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Agre
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Case: 315497 "The Cold Shoulder"
At the confrontation, the result of having the Impending Doom marker reach the Trigger marker has you reveal the encounter cards for each room one at a time and resolve each one.

How are we intended to proceed in the confrontation stage with various enemies and a boss on the board, all operating in rooms we have not explored. I believe the boss moves towards the closest agent each turn, but do we assume the common enemies also move towards the nearest agent? That's how we played it, and we got didn't last long.

I'm not saying this felt like the wrong way to play the confrontation, I'm just not certain how to treat the common enemies in unexplored rooms when they are all spawned at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey gang! Thanks for all the questions - they've been incredibly helpful. I'm back in the office after a few days off (luxury!) and I've finally got the time - and the mental capacity - to answer everything.

I'll also be updating the FAQ / Errata document in the Files section, so all of the most important answers are in the same place.

Thanks again, and keep 'em coming!

DrinkMoxie wrote:
I have a quick question regarding the requisition deck at the start of the game. When the agents are spending credits, do they look through the entire requisition deck? I feel like I saw a walkthrough video very early on where the agents where choosing from a set number of requisition cards drawn from the deck at the start of the game. I feel like a read the rule book a couple times over but it's entirely possible the answer is right in front of me and I just glossed over it.

Yeah, you get access to the entire Requisition deck.

S_A_T_S wrote:
Posted this on the KS comments, then discovered this thread:

Question on KO'd: my friends find cooperating very hard, so when someone got KO'd earlier, they carried on rushing the end and didn't Take Time before the Confrontation. What happens to the KO'd agent? They haven't put down a cube to mark where they went down (KO rules, p.10), so (assuming they just roll for Last-Ditch Recovery), where do they come back?

Also, rolling orange dice means it's a 29.6% success chance to recover (if rolling red, it'd be 57.9%). Seems a little harsh (friends also don't enjoy being knocked out for the remainder of the game). I'm tempted to house rule that Last Ditch Recovery applies outside confrontations too so you don't have to rely on people coming back to help. Any thoughts (other than the obvious - get new friends)?

As someone pointed out, Taking Time is mandatory if there's a downed Agent.

If your friends are pushing on anyway and exploring rooms in a deliberate attempt to prevent you from getting back up... well, yeah, the game won't stop them doing that, and it'll mean you stay on the floor until the Confrontation, but it kind of goes against the notion of a co-operative game! I'm really sorry that happened. It sounds like your friends are going out of their way to ruin your experience.

jorl wrote:
Lobster Johnson - A Legend in Death
Do I roll in every End phase in which he is still KO or only in the round in which he went down?

Roll for it in each End phase, not just the round in which he went down.

swirlsaepi wrote:
Hey James, it looks like there's another errata that needs to be added regarding the Tutorial and the actual "Eviction Notice" case...

When building the Encounter Deck, the Tutorial specifies you to take the three Encounter cards with a white hexagon - two cards with the blue icon and one with the red icon.

In the actual "Eviction Notice" case file cards, the Encounter Deck setup specifies you to take three Encounter cards total - two cards with the red icon and one with the blue icon.

This was intentional, to make the Tutorial a little bit easier - but it looks like I forgot that halfway through writing the Tutorial booklet! It should have called this out in two places:

* The fourth paragraph of "The Game Board" on page 2, which should have pointed out that the setup you've just done is a bit easier than a regular case file.
* The last paragraph on page 8 - it should have said that if you carry on playing, you're still playing on an easier setting than you would be if you'd just set it up from scratch.

giles_t wrote:
Insight use for Case #126779 the Tutorial
For the Confrontation, is the gained Insight a persistent bonus? For example, if we have two Insight Markers on the Confrontation Board, do Agents always gain two dice upgrades for all Fight/Shoot tests against the Boss for the duration of the Confrontation? Thanks in advance

Yes indeed - it's a persistent bonus.

giles_t wrote:
Tutorial Insight
The tutorial and Case File #126779 say to place Insight markers on spaces 2, 4 and 8 of the Information Gathered track. From the Examine skill, the most the Information Gathered track can be advanced is 2 per clue. With only 3 clues in the Case, and a maximum of 6 possible Information Gathered, is there any way to attain the 3rd Insight marker that we are not aware of? Thanks in advance

There are various other things that let you advance the Information Gathered marker - for example, Johann's Deductive Reasoning special rule.

dbc- wrote:
Do I make downgrades with the Concussive Grenade, depending on number of characters in the target space, or is it only affected by obscuring characters, and other possible effects?

The concussive grenade isn't as clear as it should be - my apologies for that. Here's how you should use it.

It's a Ranged weapon, so you have to use it with a Shoot action. Spend spend an action cube, choose an Enemy in a visible area, then test SHOOT as normal - however, you treat your SHOOT skill as being red (hexagon) regardless of what it normally is.

As it's a Shoot action, downgrade 1 die for each character in the path of the shot, and for each character in the target area other than the Enemy you chose to be the target. Other upgrades and downgrades apply as normal. Work out your test score as your normally would.

Now apply damage to the Enemies in the area, in an order of your choice. For each one, deduct their Resilience from the Test Score to see how much damage they suffer. If there is scenery in the area, damage is applied to it for each enemy until it is destroyed.

Y_Ddraig_Goch wrote:
Thank you.

Sometimes they won't matter at all, so don't worry about them! If you need to use them, the Case File deck will very explicitly tell you to.

igoryoufool wrote:
There appears to be an error in the example on page 31 of the rulebook regarding preparation of the encounter deck. Paragraph 3 on page 31 says "For example, using the Case File shown opposite in a three-player game, the players would take one card with a BLUE icon and two cards with a RED icon." However the Case File card on page 30 shows that a three agent game requires one BLUE icon and two GREEN icons; it is the two agent game that requires one BLUE icon and two RED icons.

I have a question about preparing the Deck of Doom. Can it be of various size depending on whether cards from expansions are mixed in? What happens if the Deck of Doom runs out during a game? Is the discard pile reshuffled and reused?

First point - you are correct! It should say a two-player game. I've added this to the errata.

Regarding your second point - yes indeed, the Deck of Doom can vary in size, but this has little to no effect on gameplay. In all the games I've seen, the Deck of Doom has never run out - and I'm pretty certain it's not possible for it to, because a fixed number of cards cause the Impending Doom marker to be advanced, which will trigger the Confrontation and prevent you from drawing any more cards.

But if it does ever somehow run out - the nature of this game means it's very difficult to say with 100% certainty that something will never happen - yeah, feel free to shuffle the discards.

jorl wrote:
This is not a question.

I noticed that a room is used twice on one of the "short duration" cards from the BPRD case files. It can be replaced by one of the unused rooms. This might still be worth mentioning in the FAQ.

You're right! Thank you. I've added this.

SicSicSic wrote:
Some questions about the BRPD Showdown 3 card :
The Showdown card asks to set up the Boss to the Starting Area than to roll 2 red dice and to move the Boss toward the agent with the artefact :
Where do one put the minions added by a Confrontation card: in the starting area (as they are supposedly set up with the Boss) or in the room where the Boss stops ?
The same showdown card asks to flips all face-down Encounter cards and set up each one, which can add tons of enemies : during the enemy phase, do all the enemies come towards (except cowardly ones) the agents, even enemies in non adjacent rooms ? That the way I played and let’s say that the game did not have an happy ending.

First point - you set up the Confrontation, then resolve the rest of the Showdown card. That means you'd set up the Boss and any Minions, then move the boss.

Second point - yep, this is what will happen. Alarms blare, magical energies go "whoosh" everyone in the area realises where you are and what you're doing. It's a swings-and-roundabouts situation; if you find the artefact early on, you'll hopefully not have far to go to get it off the board. If you find it late, you'll have explored most of the rooms.

The important thing to remember is that you don't need to kill them all, you just need to escape!

akaMrKrisc wrote:

I love how much discussion this one generated.

You remove the single highest die. If you have multiple equally-high dice, just remove one of them.

marshalsea wrote:
Hi James,

Quick question on the Tutorial and the length of the fx of Enemies attacks.
On Tutorial Page 7, Hellboy rolls a Catastrophe die, which results in the Paralysing Tongue attack.
This removes an action cube.

There are three scenarios I can see from this:
1) This effect only lasts until the end of the full round
(So Page 8, when when The Agents get their cubes back, they always get all 3 back > unless they've taken action cube injuries)
This seems the best option - can't find anything in the manual tho.

2) This effect lasts until the player takes a rest.
No marker, seems easy to forget...

3) This is in play until the end of the Case.
This seems rather nasty.

It's a single one-off effect; discard an action cube. When the round ends, you refresh your action cubes as normal. All it does is strip you of one cube for the following Agent phase.

Jerival wrote:
At the confrontation, the result of having the Impending Doom marker reach the Trigger marker has you reveal the encounter cards for each room one at a time and resolve each one.

How are we intended to proceed in the confrontation stage with various enemies and a boss on the board, all operating in rooms we have not explored. I believe the boss moves towards the closest agent each turn, but do we assume the common enemies also move towards the nearest agent? That's how we played it, and we got didn't last long.

I'm not saying this felt like the wrong way to play the confrontation, I'm just not certain how to treat the common enemies in unexplored rooms when they are all spawned at once.

You resolve the Enemies as you normally would - first you draw a Boss Behaviour card and resolve it, following the instructions on the card exactly (if it says to move towards the nearest Agent, that's what it does). Then all Minions of the type in slot A act in an order determined by the Lead Agent; then you do the same for B, C and D. Note that enemies don't necessarily move towards the nearest Agent - for example, most of the Nazi enemies are Ranged, so they'll open fire (or move so that they're in a position to do so). Check pages 14 and 15 of the Rules.

Yes, this means that there are a lot of enemies on the board coming at you - but hey, the timer ran out, no-one said this would be easy! Oh, on the plus side, at least the Conqueror Worm doesn't make much of a distinction between Agents and Enemies...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for taking your time and answering (and also for creating this lovely game ).

I think you missed some questions, because of the nature of subscribing to a thread. Your last answer was on page 3: this one
Please have a look at the following comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jorl wrote:
Thanks a lot for taking your time and answering (and also for creating this lovely game ).

I think you missed some questions, because of the nature of subscribing to a thread. Your last answer was on page 3: this one
Please have a look at the following comments.

...by jove, you're right!

(I went from my last comment, instead of the last time I answered questions. Whoops!)

Here's more stuff:

jorl wrote:
1) Concussive Grenade
Requisition Card wrote:
Concussive Grenade
Ranged Weapon. Roll 3 red dice ...

Do I throw a blue die with the 3 red ones (like a normal ranged attack)?
Are these dice modified in any way by
- ranged attack damage markers on the charakter?
-
insight markers on the confrontation board when fighting against the big frog monster in the tutorial scenario?

2) Target priority
Is target priority effected by Doom cards or Boss Behaviour like Pounce that specifically target the Lead Agent? As I understand it, the Leading Agent will suffer all the effeckts. He will only move back in the queue, if the queue was important for determing which agent will be attacked by an enemy. Is this correct?

The first question was answered in my previous post, and is now in the FAQ. For your second question:

There are two wordings that are used – “use Target Priority to choose an Agent”, or “the Lead Agent [does a thing, or more likely has something happen to them”.
When you are instructed to use Target Priority, the eligible Agent who is furthest forward in the queue is selected, and their marker moves to the back of the queue.
When the rules call out the Lead Agent, this refers to the Agent whose marker is at the front of the queue – and this does not move its marker to the back of the queue.

codeeater wrote:
Question about possible downgrades

Rules page 11: "... but regardless of how many are applied s single die can never be upgraded or downgraded more than once per roll."

Can someone clarify this please, do I read this correct: if you suffer 4 downgrades (for example in a SHOOT test), you still only downgrade each die once - and the rest of the downgrades are ignored?

This is correct. Any downgrades beyond the first three have no effect, other than to cancel out any upgrades you might receive. And vice versa.

In other words:

If you have no upgrades, there's no difference between having 3 and 4 downgrades.

If you have 1 upgrade and 3 downgrades, this is resolved as 2 downgrades. If you have 1 upgrade and 4 downgrades, this is resolved as 3 downgrades.

Hope that makes sense!

the tickler wrote:
Question:
Is there a Deck of Doom Card for The Visitor? I cannot find one in my copy. All other main heroes have one.

ClayMankey wrote:
Is the visitor meant to not have a deck of doom card and a priority bust? Asking since he's the only character with mignola art on his card without these - more of a component question as many of the other extra characters also dont! But was just wondering (as this would affect deck of doom draws when using him vs another non back up agent as a main.)

You're not missing anything - the Visitor doesn't have a Deck of Doom card. He's a mysterious guy.

He doesn't have a Target Priority bust because it was never unlocked as a stretch goal on the Kickstarter - the other ones were.

ClayMankey wrote:
Another question - since these cards seem to be used together in missions (Black symbol encounter cards), is the fact they both say point of interest (1) correct? Or is one meant to say either (2) or (3)? If both are meant to be (1), then what's the ruling when being told to place a second p.o.i(1) if its already on the board?

This was covered in my last post, but in short, this is a typo - one of them should say Point of Interest (2).

EntropyJim wrote:
Regarding Knocked out.

The rules state
"Once all the spaces on an Agent’s health track contain an injury, the next damage they suffer will cause them to be knocked out. Remove their
miniature from the board and remove their marker from the target priority queue (shuffling any others forward as necessary).

Knocked out Agents are temporarily out of play, but will be able to "

Now. Lets say I have a Giant Monster, a 2-size piece of scenery and a knocked out character marker in a room. Is it full?

I ask because of the problem that occurs when you return players.

If the area is not full, a player or enemy can move into the room. What happens when the knocked-out agent is returned to the gamer board in an already full room.

We played it as igf the agent is on the floor knocked out, so is stillo taking up room in the area.

Thoughts pls.

Loving the game.

J.

When you're Knocked Out you're removed from play entirely - you no longer have a presence on the board, so you don't take up space. When you come back (during the Rest phase), you can be placed wherever you like.

In the Confrontation, where you're replaced with a marker, you still don't take up space. If your area is full when you stand up due to a Last-Ditch Recovery, just place your Agent as close as possible to that area.

ClayMankey wrote:
For case file #315497 "The Cold Shoulder"
is there meant to be a door here, or do we act like there's no wall and spawn immediately?

Also, does Mark of the Claw boost all tests against the marked enemy, or just Johnson's?

Ooh, yeah, there should be a door there. I'll add this to the Errata.

The Mark of the Claw only affect's LJ's own attacks.

He'd hate being called LJ.

Goro87 wrote:
Hello everyone. We've encountered an issue while playing the case "Hunting party":
The bossfight played out in a 2-areas corridor. When the bossfight began, all 4 agents were in a dead end of the corridor, and the boss Giant Frog Monster could not spawn there, 'cause with its dimension the area would have gone over its maximum capacity, so we spawned him in the nearest area. Well, as soon as the bosses attacks we realize that all the Boss Behaviour cards in the deck that are not a melee attack are either move+melee or spawn minions. There are no ranged attack cards for this boss (despite the ranged statistics on its enemy card), so all we did was staying all 4 together safely in the back of the corridor, defeding from occasional minions attacks, and shooting the boss from the distance while it couldn't do anything to harm us.

I don't know, it seems a bug to me.

Guiz68 wrote:
In our first game with the tutorial, we were in this case:

During the confrontation, the behavior card told, if the Giant Frog was not in the lead agent area, to go in the Lead Agent area and to make a melee attack. In our case, our 4 agent team was in an area preventing the giant frog to enter (size 3 + 4 agents > 6 spaces). We decided to use its ranged attack instead, but in this kind of "conflict of space", how do you manage it ?

Both these comments have the same answer - this was a mistake on our part! See my previous comment in the thread.

jorl wrote:
Harpy movement
Harpy enemy card wrote:
Harpy
[...]is moved to the area of a random agent (use target priority for each in turn)

If I use target priority, it is not random at all. Do I miss something here?

Bit of a semantic argument, there, but I do see your point! No, it's not random. Use target priority.

jorl wrote:
Unique Actions
Quote:
Abe Sapien - Precision Shot
Make a Shoot action. [...]

Liz Sherman - Flame Blast
Ranged Weapon. [...]

Do I make a shoot action in both cases although the wording is different? (Meaning I roll the blue and three test dice and reduce the damage by the resilience of the target.)

Yeah, they're both Shoot actions. Liz's Flame Blast is covered in detail in the FAQ.

Quote:
Ammo
Can I put more then one Ammo card under a weapon? I wouldn't play it this way, but I cannot find a rule against it.

Good point, the rules don't say anything against it. Rules as written you can do it, but the intention was that you can only load one type of Ammo per weapon.

apjacobstm wrote:
How do Bosses and Enemies move in un explored area? For example we played a game where we hit a condition where it said to spawn enemies in un explored areas. Do these enemies have to spend an action to open a door or are they stuck until the agents explore the area?

I do not want to spoil things but this was for a case file where we triggered the end boss early and the result was that enemies spawned in un explored areas.

I can't think of any situations where this would be the case - can you post which case file this was? You can put it behind a spoiler tag if that helps.

Pagoda79 wrote:
A few questions after our first real case (“Door Number One”)

Do bosses ONLY do what’s on their card? If it doesn’t say move, do they move?
Rasputin disappeared and reappeared in adifferent part of the board, and after one of the agents moved he was out of sight of both agents (we were dealing with some other threats). Did we need to wait until it says he has to move, or do we just assume he would move with toward us as part of his other actions?

Bosses only do what's on their card, yeah. If it doesn't say move, they stay where they are!
Rasputin's a sneaky one, always hiding in darkened rooms...

Quote:
And

I understood the part about insight markers NOT collected causing negative effects. Did we miss something about what the insight markers we DID collect did? Did they have no impact this time (I recognize it says they MAY help you at the end, and we didn’t make it to card eight either before we got the confrontation started, so I’m not sure if a different ending would tell us some positive effect.)

In this particular case file,
collecting Insight markers just removes them so Rasputin doesn't benefit from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Agre
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesMHewitt wrote:

apjacobstm wrote:
How do Bosses and Enemies move in un explored area? For example we played a game where we hit a condition where it said to spawn enemies in un explored areas. Do these enemies have to spend an action to open a door or are they stuck until the agents explore the area?

I do not want to spoil things but this was for a case file where we triggered the end boss early and the result was that enemies spawned in un explored areas.

I can't think of any situations where this would be the case - can you post which case file this was? You can put it behind a spoiler tag if that helps.

Jerival wrote:

To clarify, I think the issue here is that prior to the confrontation we are treating unexplored areas as closed off to the agents and the enemies in these areas are not responsive to our actions until each area is explored. In this particular event, all the remaining rooms are spawned which may put a lot of enemies onto the board with no guidance how to run the remainder of the case file. Do the enemies and the boss now head directly at the agents? Do they sit still until their area is explored? How are you supposed to deal with the new game state in this case file? Perhaps including a line of instruction on the case file stating that the entire map is now considered explored, and all enemies advance on the agents would have cleared this up. It seems this is the correct way to run the case per your comments, personally we were a bit confused as to how to treat this when we ran into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jerival wrote:
JamesMHewitt wrote:

apjacobstm wrote:

Jerival wrote:

To clarify, I think the issue here is that prior to the confrontation we are treating unexplored areas as closed off to the agents and the enemies in these areas are not responsive to our actions until each area is explored. In this particular event, all the remaining rooms are spawned which may put a lot of enemies onto the board with no guidance how to run the remainder of the case file. Do the enemies and the boss now head directly at the agents? Do they sit still until their area is explored? How are you supposed to deal with the new game state in this case file? Perhaps including a line of instruction on the case file stating that the entire map is now considered explored, and all enemies advance on the agents would have cleared this up. It seems this is the correct way to run the case per your comments, personally we were a bit confused as to how to treat this when we ran into it.

Oh, I see your point!

As soon as a room doesn't have a face-down Encounter card in it, it no longer counts as an Unexplored Room. Does that clear things up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.