[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  Next »  [9] | 

Hellboy: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Official-ish FAQ Thread! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
France
flag msg tools
giles_t wrote:
The Rookie Mode Doom Card, Favour of Old Gods, states, “An Agent can discard a marker cube from this card after making a test to re-roll any one of the test dice.”
1) Can an Agent discard more than one marker cube to re-roll more than one die on the same test. For example, can an Agent discard 3 marker cubes to re-roll 3 dice on the same test?
2) Can an Agent discard more than one marker cube to re-roll the same die more than once on the same test. For example, can an Agent discard 3 marker cubes to re-roll the same die 3 times on the same test?

Thanks in advance!

Favour of Olds Gods card wrote:
An agent can discard a marker cube from this card after making a test to re-roll any one of the test dice

Usually the rules specify that you have to use the new result after re-rolling. Since the card doesn't say so, I think you can re-roll multiple time (same die also) but just one at the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we discuss too much in this thread. Let us try to ask and answer questions first outside of this thread and post them only here, if we can't find a solution. Otherwise this will be a mess for JamesMHewitt and the important things will be buried under a heap of already answered question and tactical discussions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Several cases require finishing the Confrontation with "no Minions on the board". If there are unrevealed Encounter cards, do these count as Minions on the board?

Yes, I know it's my game, and yes, I know we can play any way we choose. As always, our group is interested in what the designers intended in this case.

TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. I would take all the rules explicitly. Cards are not minions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold Jakubowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do Backup Agents count as Agents? E.g. if a card effect target area with most agents, do you count Backups? Do Backup Agents move in Agents Prepare step of Taking Time? Or maybe I should consider them not Agents at all times? So when taking time they are left where they are (if giving direct support) and will teleport in Agend Phase with their free action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaiah Hoffman
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I think this still isn’t fixed.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I played this case tonight and later in the scenario, the tile you asked us to replace in the FAQ, (the one with the wires) is supposed to be added to the map after an interact. It completely confused our group since it was already out in the game. Might need to pick a different replacement tile than the 1 with wires.

jorl wrote:
Case File "Cold Shoulder" - Setup

There are errors in the board layout:
- no door at the starting area
- the room on the top left is on the back of the room with the tubes. It is impossible to use both.

This has been added to the FAQ / Errata document, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all! Thanks for the questions. I've updated the FAQ / Errata document, which will be uploaded to the Files section asap. In the meantime, you can grab it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7mg5xdy0cmjmop/Hellboy%20The%20Bo...

In an attempt to downgrade this from a massive weekly task to a slightly less massive one, I'm not going to post individual replies to each question - I've just put the relevant answers in the FAQ document. Hopefully this works for people, as it saves me writing it all twice

Thanks, and keep 'em coming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lion Noir
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
do frog swarm/evil birds count as ennemy for downgrading dice when making an examine action?

If I add a fifth minion du to explore cards like a witch does it activate in the ''e'' slot in minion activation order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Poltorak
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does pulling a marker off the target priority track do anything special a la Glamour? The wording seems weird if it functions almost the same as Disguise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Gelon
msg tools
I've read through this entire thread and its been asked but I couldn't find the answer.

The Giant Frog Monster has a ranged attack stat, but no card that lets him do ranged attacks. Can the Giant Frog Monster make ranged attacks and if so how?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
Dgel wrote:
The Giant Frog Monster has a ranged attack stat, but no card that lets him do ranged attacks. Can the Giant Frog Monster make ranged attacks and if so how?

There might be some new Boss Behavior or Doom cards in the future using this stat. Right now the number does not matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Minor error in room setup for Case "Hunting Party":
Card 4 shows the room with the rectangular green carpet on the right. This room was already set up with card 1. The room with the green elliptical-shaped carpet can be used instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treiral Tasarte
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the 'Perils of the Job' case and
at a certain point the doom tracker triggered the confrontation and it said "discard the rest of case files in HQ, without activating them" or something like that. Does it include the In-Play case files like the one tracking the gathered information?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
badge
Never fear, Doc Savage is here!!
mbmbmbmbmb
treiral wrote:
I played the 'Perils of the Job' case and
at a certain point the doom tracker triggered the confrontation and it said "discard the rest of case files in HQ, without activating them" or something like that. Does it include the In-Play case files like the one tracking the gathered information?

It's written on the In-Play case files what to do with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treiral Tasarte
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I'm asking if in-play cards count as part of the HQ board.

During the setup of the Confrontation, step d says "Clear everything else (including any discarded cards) off the HQ Board." This implies that discarded cards, which are not technically ON the HQ Board but besides it, are part of the HQ Board. What else is not technically ON the HQ Board? Exactly, the in-play cards. Which by the way, includes the top card of the Case File deck.

Cue Perils of the Job, card 3, back: "Discard any Case File cards still on the HQ board without resolving them."

Comparing this to card 7, which doesn't discard any cards, might mean that, due to failing a proper investigation of the case, the in-play cards are also discarded, and the agents are unable to use the clues to damage Rasputin's Ghost.

Not mentioning that it would also discard itself.

Now, I know that it wouldn't make sense to include them. Mostly because the win condition is part of the case file card that is in-play. But it seemed odd, both because the in-play cards are described as part of the HQ Board description, and that the card says "Discard any Case File cards etc" instead of something like "Discard the rest of the Case File deck still on the HQ board without resolving it."

It's a nitpick, but it's a major one since one would inadvertently follow it to the letter and discard everything in-play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Hawley
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Thank you for your dedicated work putting together this incredible game. We have played the tutorial and two cases. The tutorial was the only case that mentioned putting Insight Markers along the Information Gathered track. Are we missing something? Are there other ways to get Insight Markers? Do other cases use the markers on the Information Gathered track like the tutorial did?
Thank you for your time. I hope this wasn't already asked. I looked and looked before bothering you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
daSpleen wrote:
Thank you for your dedicated work putting together this incredible game. We have played the tutorial and two cases. The tutorial was the only case that mentioned putting Insight Markers along the Information Gathered track. Are we missing something? Are there other ways to get Insight Markers? Do other cases use the markers on the Information Gathered track like the tutorial did?
Thank you for your time. I hope this wasn't already asked. I looked and looked before bothering you.

Insight markers are used differently depending on the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
daSpleen wrote:

I played several cases (Door Number One, Hunting Party, The Cold Shoulder) and every time the markers were put on the Information Gathered track. This was always mentioned at the top of the second case file card.

Edit: Please ignore this answer. It was not helpful. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Hawley
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
The cases I've played that, seemingly, have no Insight Markers deployed on the Gathering Information track are "Perils of the Job" and "Missing Persons".
And thanks for responding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
daSpleen wrote:
The cases I've played that, seemingly, have no Insight Markers deployed on the Gathering Information track are "Perils of the Job" and "Missing Persons".
And thanks for responding.

Ah. Sorry. Minor Spoiler for setting up "Perils of the Job":
I played "Perils of the Job" and the Information Gathered track is used differently here. See card 4. You collect information just to reach the trigger marker on the Information Gathered track. The Insight Markers are then placed directly on the Case File card (You take them from the supply). Don't worry. This works just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
B.P.R.D Archives: Two of the cards do not mention how you discard them.

1) The one with Baba Yaga:
I discarded the card after defeating the Baba Yaga. Is this correct. Should I discard it after setting up the Baba Yaga?

2)The one that tells you to put a trigger marker on top of the Information Gathered marker:
This cards sounds to me like it could be moved to the In Play area. What is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
One of the Encounter Cards calls for placing a Comms Array. What does the Comms Array do? Is it a piece of scenery? Does it have action use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osu_tim wrote:
One of the Encounter Cards calls for placing a Comms Array. What does the Comms Array do? Is it a piece of scenery? Does it have action use?

This is a special scenery from the Conqueror Worm expansion. I think it is explained on an "Additional Rules" cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chounpanh
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
I just need a quick clarification:

Bosses: Do they move before drawing the Boss Behaviour card, or do they ONLY move if the Boss Behaviour card dictates that they move?

With Minions, they always move first, then attack. I just need this clarified as the rules aren't totally clear for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cordova
TN
flag msg tools
mb
imdahman wrote:
I just need a quick clarification:

Bosses: Do they move before drawing the Boss Behaviour card, or do they ONLY move if the Boss Behaviour card dictates that they move?

With Minions, they always move first, then attack. I just need this clarified as the rules aren't totally clear for me.

Only if specified on the card or the boss behavior card. No default movement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.