Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
imdahman wrote:
I just need a quick clarification:

Bosses: Do they move before drawing the Boss Behaviour card, or do they ONLY move if the Boss Behaviour card dictates that they move?

With Minions, they always move first, then attack. I just need this clarified as the rules aren't totally clear for me.

Bosses move only if the behavior card tells them to move. There's no auto move.

The minions attack as soon as they can. If they have melee and are in a space with an agent they just attack. If they have range, they move but as soon as they see an agent they stop (do not use all their move steps) and complete a ranged attack. If they already have line of sight they just do the ranged attack, no movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
Question on enemy movement in missing persons case:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Can enemies move between levels? I assumed no as it takes two actions for agents to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
imdahman wrote:
I just need a quick clarification:

Bosses: Do they move before drawing the Boss Behaviour card, or do they ONLY move if the Boss Behaviour card dictates that they move?

With Minions, they always move first, then attack. I just need this clarified as the rules aren't totally clear for me.

The answers given in your other thread weren't enough?
When do Bosses move?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Heaton
msg tools
When using the ancient spear, do you really take no downgrades if there are no enemies in your area, but you're attacking an adjacent area with many enemies? The melee rules only say enemies in the agent's area apply downgades, but this seems to maje the spear too strong (range and easy to avoid downgrades with melee) Should we take downgrades for enemy figures in the melee targets area to balance this item?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ClayMankey wrote:
When using the ancient spear, do you really take no downgrades if there are no enemies in your area, but you're attacking an adjacent area with many enemies? The melee rules only say enemies in the agent's area apply downgades, but this seems to maje the spear too strong (range and easy to avoid downgrades with melee) Should we take downgrades for enemy figures in the melee targets area to balance this item?

I don't have the card in front of me but I'd assume the melee rules wouldn't affect the ranged attacked, but the normal LoS downgrades would unless it specifically says they wouldn't for range.

Or does this weapon give you melee "reach" attribute? Basically are you throwing the spear or poking from a distance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Karpowitz
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:
ClayMankey wrote:

I don't have the card in front of me but I'd assume the melee rules wouldn't affect the ranged attacked, but the normal LoS downgrades would unless it specifically says they wouldn't for range.

Or does this weapon give you melee "reach" attribute? Basically are you throwing the spear or poking from a distance.

Also don’t have it in front of me, but that’s how we interpreted it I think. You can poke the spear into a neighboring area. I may be wrong though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Cody
msg tools
If a Boss is stunned do they still pick from the Boss behavior deck? We played it as yes just in case it was something not directly related to the boss. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
badge
Never fear, Doc Savage is here!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bane1 wrote:
If a Boss is stunned do they still pick from the Boss behavior deck? We played it as yes just in case it was something not directly related to the boss. Is this correct?

No they don't. The only thing stunned enemies do during their activation is stand back up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Cody
msg tools
bern1106 wrote:
Bane1 wrote:

No they don't. The only thing stunned enemies do during their activation is stand back up.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haven’t seen this anywhere

Since Johann only takes one level of damage from the markers then moves to the Ectoplasmic tracker, does that mean when he heals you start with the tracker, or just heal the injuries leaving the tracker as is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hi all,

There are two things that are not entirely clear to me, and haven't found a definitive answer to them yet:

1. A Boss that takes up 3 places still considered as 1 character when upgrades/downgrades for Ranged/Melee Attacks are counted, right? I mean, thematically it would make sense that such a huge monster obscures a shot more than a much smaller one, but I feel that that would make things unreasonably hard.

2. When an event is triggered during an End Phase that says "skip to the End Phase", do we perform another End Phase after the current one, so that Frog Swarms/Infernos/Other effects are resolved one more time, or do we just consider the current one the one we skipped to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cordova
TN
flag msg tools
mb
sghctoma wrote:
Hi all,

There are two things that are not entirely clear to me, and haven't found a definitive answer to them yet:

1. A Boss that takes up 3 places still considered as 1 character when upgrades/downgrades for Ranged/Melee Attacks are counted, right? I mean, thematically it would make sense that such a huge monster obscures a shot more than a much smaller one, but I feel that that would make things unreasonably hard.

2. When an event is triggered during an End Phase that says "skip to the End Phase", do we perform another End Phase after the current one, so that Frog Swarms/Infernos/Other effects are resolved one more time, or do we just consider the current one the one we skipped to?

As far as I understand:

1 - Still counts as 1 character for downgrades (I'm surprised the big guys aren't a lot easier to hit!)
2 - I would just resolve a single (current) end phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saduhem wrote:
sghctoma wrote:
Hi all,

As far as I understand:

1 - Still counts as 1 character for downgrades (I'm surprised the big guys aren't a lot easier to hit!)
2 - I would just resolve a single (current) end phase.

Thanks, that's the way we were playing both.

During today's game I've stumbled upon another situation that confused me (spoilers for "Perils of the Job"):

If Rasputin's ghost draws 2 cards, does that count as two separate activations? It's important in resolving the card named Illusion: if the first card drawn is Illusion, does he immediately go back on the board, when the second card is drawn? Or is the second draw skipped?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nolan
United Kingdom
Wigan
- Select -
flag msg tools
Hi, Ive read through the entire thread and all the other board posts and found no answer to this so thought id ask here.
This is related to the tutorial:

We played the tutorial and were surprised by the giant frog monster bowling in and stunning Hell boy as lead and abe in a different area.
We also had raining frogs in play btw and I believe this carries over to the confrontation board with it still active.
The giant frog monster came in, spawned 2 enemies in its own area, the end of the end phase spawned a swarm of frogs.
Hell boy had 3 orange defense die downgraded 4 times to 3 yellow die (can only down grade once per die).
So the giant frog monster comes in with 8 melee and hell boy can block 3, poss 4 at most with EXCELLENT die rolls. It goes straight to the enemy phase and the Giant frog monster puts 4 damage on Hellboy with his 3 yellow defense die, stunning him again if he way up (he was already stunned so I ignored). Then the 2 companions went in and did 2 each with Hell boys weak 3 yellow die.
Abe got up as did hell boy and with his downgrades rolled nothing.
next turn, with no healing and still -3 downgrades, goes unconscious and is repeatedly stunned.
Then its just a matter of time before we lost?
Did I play it right? automatic -3 downgrades unless i can take out the companions quickly on Abes own?
Its almost impossible to win?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOnlyPaulV wrote:
Hi, Ive read through the entire thread and all the other board posts and found no answer to this so thought id ask here.
This is related to the tutorial:

We played the tutorial and were surprised by the giant frog monster bowling in and stunning Hell boy as lead and abe in a different area.
We also had raining frogs in play btw and I believe this carries over to the confrontation board with it still active.
The giant frog monster came in, spawned 2 enemies in its own area, the end of the end phase spawned a swarm of frogs.
Hell boy had 3 orange defense die downgraded 4 times to 3 yellow die (can only down grade once per die).
So the giant frog monster comes in with 8 melee and hell boy can block 3, poss 4 at most with EXCELLENT die rolls. It goes straight to the enemy phase and the Giant frog monster puts 4 damage on Hellboy with his 3 yellow defense die, stunning him again if he way up (he was already stunned so I ignored). Then the 2 companions went in and did 2 each with Hell boys weak 3 yellow die.
Abe got up as did hell boy and with his downgrades rolled nothing.
next turn, with no healing and still -3 downgrades, goes unconscious and is repeatedly stunned.
Then its just a matter of time before we lost?
Did I play it right? automatic -3 downgrades unless i can take out the companions quickly on Abes own?
Its almost impossible to win?

Someone needs a lucky iron horseshoe for this occasion.

Al long as someone isn't knocked out the others get a last ditch effort to get back up.

I'm not sure I understand what the 2 companions did?

There is an issue with the tutorial as it's really much harder than the normal case because it doesn't walk you through the extra gear acquisition phase in the beginning. That comes in handy. So try it again now with a normal set up and playing as normal looking for clues etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Groome
United States
Saint Charles
MO
flag msg tools
typo360 wrote:
There is an issue with the tutorial as it's really much harder than the normal case because it doesn't walk you through the extra gear acquisition phase in the beginning. That comes in handy. So try it again now with a normal set up and playing as normal looking for clues etc.

Really? It's my understanding that the tutorial is actually easier than normal missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nallix wrote:
typo360 wrote:

Really? It's my understanding that the tutorial is actually easier than normal missions.

The case itself can be pretty easy unless you have terrible luck. But the tutorial walks you through the first half step by step with examples. Than the walk through stops and just leaves you at the last third of the game. That last part can be hard since you don’t have any extra equipment and you can be ill prepared for the confrontation.

Tge tutorial is’t really a true case. It uses a case but walks you through the main parts for the first 2/3 of it. It even tells you what your dice rolls are so it can show you examples. You’re not truly playing the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.