Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wwscrispin wrote:
Cranio has during the last decade plus been very good about delivering interesting and worthwhile games and they have not been a source of significant support complaints or in general been at all dodgy. It does seem that this KS has not been their finest hour.

Perhaps, but it still looks like a very good game. When it comes down to it, I think they made some miscalculations regarding what they could/should promise, how much they should charge, and how long it would take to organize production. Which probably derives from this being their first KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Habelitz
Germany
Zweibrücken
Reinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WisniaPL wrote:
Matthias19281 wrote:
Well I have a diffenrent sight - but I allready played the prototype last Essen.

I don't know what Stretch goal any Kickstarter I backed had in detail - and I think if the publisher had a chance to fulfill all stretch goals they'll do - so what I know about Barrage is, that I'll get a great game probalbly the best game of the year, probably a game that hits my Top 10 of all time, probably the best game of all times. Furthermore I know I'm getting an awesome production - so I'm fine with that

If I am right this was Cranios 1st Kickstarter - I think they learned a lot discoveres a lot of Problems which they didn't see coming and I hope they did their homework for further projects...
If anyone backed and knew that it's their 1st one he/she knew about the risk and where fine with it by pledgeing

Some final thoughts 6 month exclusive is nice, 3 month is fine too as long as it isn't like TMG did (Yokohama) where a friend of mine had his retail version with german language before I recieved my Kickstarter Version...
Or like it had been with CO2 where copies in Essen had been sold before my localized Version arrived in January from Giochix.

Then why back it at kickstarter? We could get it cheaper at retail but we were told we will get this awsome, deluxe 3d map with spot uv etc.

I backed because I think they had a vision, like Vital Lacerda how the game should look in the end. I was hoping too that the additional stuff is not just nice, but make the gameplay feel complete...
As long as they did not skip the magnetics aspect which will concern the usability im fine with no UV-Spot
Furthermore the 3D map will support the gameplay and you have second 2D map if you like to take the game to your friends and you don't want to carry all that stuff arround.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I backed because I think they had a vision, like Vital Lacerda how the game should look in the end.

It’s clear based on all the changes they made from kickstarter launch to now that they didn’t have a clear vision for their product. I would have been over the moon if Cranio gave us the version of the game they sold on their KS in November but they just had to keep tinkering. Changing things no one asked them to change.

Lacerda games (with Eagle Gryphon) are all works of art production wise with elegant and consistent graphic design, beautiful illustrations and top notch components. All at a price lower than Barrage’s top tier. Barrage is looking more like it will be incredibly overpriced for what we get in the box while being inconsistent in terms of quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.