Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbazler wrote:
For those of you that missed it, Belisarius88 was wise enough to see why asking us to "get out" of his thread if we had nothing "intelligent" to contribute was very much antithetical to his reasons for opposing the current BGG moderation, so he deleted his comment.

Wait... there is thread ownership being auctioned off now on BGG?

Well, let me open that checkbook and buy up large swaths of this place. I'll start with the threads of ill repute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
cbazler wrote:
For those of you that missed it, Belisarius88 was wise enough to see why asking us to "get out" of his thread if we had nothing "intelligent" to contribute was very much antithetical to his reasons for opposing the current BGG moderation, so he deleted his comment.

Well, let me open that checkbook and buy up large swaths of this place. I'll start with the threads of ill repute.
No, no, the idea is to take it by force from it’s original owners and declare yourself a liberator and job creator, and then make a game about it! Haven’t you been paying attention??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
cbazler wrote:

I bid 5 megacredits.

Pete (has a good feeling about this)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
cbazler wrote:

No, no, the idea is to take it by force from it’s original owners and declare yourself a liberator and job creator, and then make a game about it! Haven’t you been paying attention??

Ah... I look forward to evicting the hold-outs, like ole Pete. Nobody gets in the way of my dealin' and wheelin'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This post has been removed by a moderator.
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Belisarius88 wrote:
If you guys have nothing further substantive to add you should stop posting here. I see what you are trying to do. I've made by point about aggressive moderation. Go find another place to waste time.
I feel like you’re trying to censor us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Response to removed post
Response to removed post
This post has been removed by a moderator
Ulet N
Indonesia
City of Heroes
flag msg tools
Angry dragon! In ssspaaace!!!
badge
I think dragons are the quintessential element of fantasy in the same way outer space is for sci-fi.
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread as a whole has been a good read for me. I will from now on pledge to X more disruptive comments. Having my own comments deleted by Octavian several times before for what in my opinion are correct reasons, I will devote more of my time in BGG to help similar moderations be handed out to the discussions.

Regular discussion antagonizers beware.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
tumorous wrote:
marcnelsonjr wrote:
Octavian wrote:
birch97 wrote:

This is the thread btw, since the game can no longer be searched for: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2174984/scramble-africa-i-t...

FYI this is unrelated to forum moderation. The game does not currently have a publisher and has no current plan to get published, so the game entry has been folded into the Unpublished Prototype entry.

Right...

It adds insult to injury when you won't even own up to your actions. If your policy is to make BGG a place where only certain opinions can be expressed, then just say so. Don't hide behind supposedly objective criteria.

Your intent is pretty clear - why beat around the bush?
What? He literally has no involvement in that decision.

The operation of BGG does, in fact, involve more than Octavian.

Here is a live-action shot of Waketavian derezzing several threads that don't align to his BELIEEEF SYSTEMS....

Is that a Rick Wakeman reference? Who the hell would pick up on that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Response to removed post
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGodsMustBeCrazy wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
tumorous wrote:
marcnelsonjr wrote:
Octavian wrote:
birch97 wrote:

This is the thread btw, since the game can no longer be searched for: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2174984/scramble-africa-i-t...

FYI this is unrelated to forum moderation. The game does not currently have a publisher and has no current plan to get published, so the game entry has been folded into the Unpublished Prototype entry.

Right...

It adds insult to injury when you won't even own up to your actions. If your policy is to make BGG a place where only certain opinions can be expressed, then just say so. Don't hide behind supposedly objective criteria.

Your intent is pretty clear - why beat around the bush?
What? He literally has no involvement in that decision.

The operation of BGG does, in fact, involve more than Octavian.

Here is a live-action shot of Waketavian derezzing several threads that don't align to his BELIEEEF SYSTEMS....

Is that a Rick Wakeman reference? Who the hell would pick up on that?

Well, there are only a handful that have that setup - even without a shot of him in the pic... and the demo for BGG leans towards those that would have probably lived through the lineup that included Wakeman (the first one).

And not all jokes have to be targeted at the broadest audience. Hearing just one laugh in the audience is sometimes more satisfying.

Now, Mr. Wakeman has gotten a bit unhealthy in his later years. Much ale and puddings is my guess.

He did have a very wonderful tribute to Bowie on Jan 10, 2016 - the later hours of BBC Radio 2 show. One of the first major "found" talents that Bowie had in his cadre during the very first albums... many compositions on Hunky Dory. Anyway, Wakeman not only spun tunes, but closed out the show with a live rendition of Life on Mars (piano only). Bowie made an art of identifying these great musicians, like Zappa did, and collaborating with them for a time... and then moving on.

He can play with his back to the keys... at least when he was younger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Response to removed post
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found footage of the show...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Threats of violence, even if intended as a joke, are NOT welcome anywhere on this site.

This thread is locked.

Comments that violate our Community Rules and responses to those comments are removed by forum moderators to prevent further disruption of the thread

Please also note that posts commenting on or complaining about moderation in a thread not specifically for discussing moderation can quickly disrupt the thread. For that reason, such comments are against the Community Rules and will be removed.

Please use the
icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the
icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the
icon then that post will be hidden from general view.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  |