Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi

I am about to solo a campaign for this and was wondering for people who have tried it what is the sweet spot for maximum difficulty and overall enjoyment? 4 or 5 players?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slim17 wrote:
Hi

I am about to solo a campaign for this and was wondering for people who have tried it what is the sweet spot for maximum difficulty and overall enjoyment? 4 or 5 players?

Thanks.

Using 5 heroes will require you to think more about positioning and tactics than 4 heroes but it will also greatly increase the session's duration.

I don't think it's worth it for a slight increase in difficulty over 4 heroes but that's just me and I haven't played a dungeon crawler solo using many characters so YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bowmangr wrote:
slim17 wrote:
Hi

Thanks.

Using 5 heroes will require you to think more about positioning and tactics than 4 heroes but it will also greatly increase the session's duration.

I don't think it's worth it for a slight increase in difficulty over 4 heroes but that's just me and I haven't played a dungeon crawler solo using many characters so YMMV.

Thanks for your reply but Im not really worried about the session length or difficulty in managing the additional heroes as I'm used to it.

Its good to hear that there is more tactics with 5 heroes.

What I meant was the difficulty of the game. Will there be more of a challenge with 4 or 5 heroes or is the difference negligible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slim17 wrote:
Bowmangr wrote:
slim17 wrote:
Hi

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply but Im not really worried about the session length or difficulty in managing the additional heroes as I'm used to it.

Its good to hear that there is more tactics with 5 heroes.

What I meant was the difficulty of the game. Will there be more of a challenge with 4 or 5 heroes or is the difference negligible?

The difficulty should be about the same.

Main difference is that the enemies will have 5 chances (turns) to activate before a round ends instead of 4. This means that a single hero being out of position can be exposed to a lot more attacks before he/she would be able to play again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
We had a full run of a campaign for 5 heroes.
Haven't done with 4.

It was a good run. Took forever in some missions, but was fun.

As far as a difficulty curve? It also depends on your party composition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Chiu
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a few quests soloing with both 4 and 5 characters. There really isn't much difference. I like having one of each type of hero. For me 4 or 5 works not counting characters with 2 types. I also like having large parties.

I don't feel there really is much difference between parties of 4 and 5. The only difference is play time. If you are not concerned about play time, just play with whatever party make up you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Lo

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I played 4 heroes from quest 1 to 6. Now, I am playing 5 heroes on quest 10 in a different campaign. 5 heores is harder for me because enemies spawn more, and it make them more easier to dominate the area. And when you move more heroes to get the dominate bonus, you will get AOE attack especially when you are playing AP expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
efren almenglo
Spain
flag msg tools
I see one difference when book of secrets dictes "if you are more than 3 heroes, spawn X (or X enemies get additional powers). In this case you're facing same difficulty whit 1 less hero.
Another point is red and purple's hp, same hp for 4 or 5 heroes but 1 less activation. This point seems to be balanced by itself.
Not so much differences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Makis Xiroyannis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
Game On
mbmbmbmbmb
It is slightly more difficult with 5 heroes than 4

- A bit more gear/consumables needed
- Additional enemies increase their chances to interact
- A bit more time until 1 hero plays again as mentioned above
- Slightly more chaos overall

but 4 or 5 is still my optimum level of play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I decided to go with 5 players heroes based on these helpful comments, so thanks all.

I randomly drew a chaotic group of Thorgar, Ecarus, Auriel, Ryld and Onamor. Using Thorgar and Ecarus as tanks/melee, Auriel and Onamor as ranged magicians and Ryld as ranged/looter. Seems like a well balanced group so far for a random draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Bicalho
msg tools
Funny that I was playing solo with only 2 heroes ( to streamline and making missions faster).

I was getting destroyed in some missions... it was really hard to plan ahead for the different monster groups.

I was using the archer and thorgar. The archer was using both the archer and swordsman build simultaneously to help fighting the different enemies.

I think with only 2, you dont have every role you need and it makes some encounters harder.

Its worth trying...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls