Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Dubbs
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having just bought Intensity and the Masters Addendum, I had the itch to play again. Bill Boatner was free, so we played a heads-up game with 10 characters each on a 4 platter map. We set a 2-1/2 hour time limit, +/-15 minutes as decided by Bill's wife, just so we wouldn't know when the game was about to end.

We played with the full rules and sets this time, no additions. I had four colonial characters, including Napoleon, so I got the Deadwood map. Bill had a bunch of ancients, so he was using one of the ancient maps as his private. I had decided I wanted to play with lots of the adventure keys, so I threw in the Field of Honor, Lith Alliance, and Lith Strategica. Bill put in the Ruins of Cany piece. The ancient labyrinth was in the middle of three boards, facing the modern labyrinth. The Colonial was linked to my colonial map, along with the field of honor. We had fairly convenient access to the Colonial area, but I quickly established domination there.

The future labyrinth was contested more, but I lost Frost Dancer there when I decided to attack Davy Crockett while neither of us had equipment and he lucked out with an amaze on the damage roll. I've been trying to figure out how best to use her. At three life she dies easily. I think next time I will use her as a base runner. She's fast, and she can sneak in through the front gate and smash the HQ, steal from the vault etc.

A bit later, Genghis Khan found a warhammer someplace and charged Joshua Jordan (in his scientist form). Jordan threw his Dagger Wings, but they missed. Ghengis didn't return the favor, and Jordan died.

Interestingly, in our game, nobody ever used the team bases, Cany XIII, Tunnels, the flying ability (Bill had a flyer), the field of honor, tunnels, or any towers, including Lith Strategica.

In the end, I managed to neutralize Bill's advantage in the modern labyrinth, but it wasn't enough to win. He had the Lith Alliance, Future and had killed 2 of my characters (vs. none for me), for 3 points. I had the Future and Ancient labyrinths. Game over.

Neither of us felt that luck was the major factor in the game. I certainly feel that if I'd set up the map better and used some of my characters better, I would have done much better. Throwing away Frost Dancer like that was silly, but I'm still learning.

Based on the fact I broke down and bought the whole set, I'll go ahead and bump my rating a little. Got it all put together tonight. It fits fairly nicely in one of the square boxes plus the Master's Addendum box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.