Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Tournament Fishing: The Deckbuilding Game» Forums » General

Subject: Fight Card Sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Mahler
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Designer of Tournament Fishing
Avatar
mbmbmb
Greetings Anglers!

Has anyone found a set of card sleeves that fits the Fight Cards snuggly? The ones I currently use are good on the sides but hang over the top a good 5-6mm’s.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rupert Cullum
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tyk567 wrote:
Greetings Anglers!

Has anyone found a set of card sleeves that fits the Fight Cards snuggly? The ones I currently use are good on the sides but hang over the top a good 5-6mm’s.

No - I have Fantasy Flight red. As you say, perfect width but too long.

Keen to hear of an alternative that isn't a penny-sleeve.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Mayday but trimmed the top spare part
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Mahler
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Designer of Tournament Fishing
Avatar
mbmbmb
ah3Dog wrote:
I used Mayday but trimmed the top spare part

I thought about doing that but didn’t want them to be uneven. What did you use the cut them?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Pattaya
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also use the Fantasy Flight red sleeves (44 X 68 MM)for my TF Fight cards. As was mentioned, they fit snugly because the width is perfect. What does it matter that they are a tad long? It doesn't bother me in the slightest --- and they will protect my cards because I intend to use them extensively.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Esto wrote:
What does it matter that they are a tad long? It doesn't bother me in the slightest

Because it does matter to some people

It bothers me also. I have the same issue with Wingspan... I usually trim the excess off with a box cutter or exacto knife and a straight edge. I'm generally able to get them pretty dang even without too much effort, but you can easily find and pull out the ones you messed up on, but do expect to ruin a few sleeves in the process lol.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tyk567 wrote:
ah3Dog wrote:
I used Mayday but trimmed the top spare part

I thought about doing that but didn’t want them to be uneven. What did you use the cut them?

I used the paper trimmer (bought it from Staples, similar to
https://www.staples.ca/en/Swingline-SmartCut-Compact-Persona...), which can produce a very consistent cutting.

Well, I saw one in Dollarshop too, but the quality...you know whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United States
flag msg tools
Dino DNA!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the FF red sleeves. FF sleeves are stupid, but the cards fit aside from the extra half inch of sleeve at the top
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls