Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
On the Mayfair board, on the far right side, you can obviously form a "big square" of farms where the rivers are joining. My question, however, is whether or not this can be done anywhere else on the board - SPECIFICALLY, a couple spaces "below" this point where there is a small tributary(stream) joining one of the rivers? Is this "creek" supposed to represent a water space or a land space? An "official" answer would be very helpful. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re:How many places on the Mayfair board can form a
It is a land space and there is only one place on the board where you can replace blue tiles to build a monument.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason -
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave is correct, it is a land space. For "official" reassurance, you can look at a copy of the German board (see images at BGG) or the latest Mayfair version of the board, which has been modified to remove the misleading tributary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
This image http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/49226 shows the 2003 Mayfair board with an insert of the errorneous part of the 1999 board.

On the 1999 Mayfair version there did look there were two places, but not on the other version(s).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason -
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen (#48131),
Thanks for posting the link to the image. I had uploaded that after giving my answer and then completely forgot to come back to this article to link to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
LetsGoRed (#48197),

No, no, thank you for loading the image. I recently got taught to play on the Mayfair 1999 version but own the Mayfair 2003 version and needless to say was somewhat confused!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.