The Smash ability which means you can discard a card to get the Smash bonus. Does that mean you can discard multiple cards and get this bonus multiple times?

Also Shadowforged Blade has the Red Symbol next to it's Smash 2. How does this work?

Does it mean I have to play a Red Symbol first to get the Smash 2 or does it mean I have to play a Red Symbol first and then that gives me the ability to Discard a card to activate Smash?

Sorry if this was confusing. Just looking for a little help.

Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ducko Kaiju
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jghasemi wrote:
The Smash ability which means you can discard a card to get the Smash bonus. Does that mean you can discard multiple cards and get this bonus multiple times?

Also Shadowforged Blade has the Red Symbol next to it's Smash 2. How does this work?

Does it mean I have to play a Red Symbol first to get the Smash 2 or does it mean I have to play a Red Symbol first and then that gives me the ability to Discard a card to activate Smash?

Sorry if this was confusing. Just looking for a little help.

Thanks!!

You can only discard once to get the SMASH (X) where X is the bonus attack. You can only get the bonus once from this card by discarding.

The Red symbol is COVERT; you need to play a COVERT (RED SYMBOL) CARD first to activate her SMASH ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fromper Fromper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a card says "Smash 2", you may discard 1 card to get 2 more attack. No more. That's why some cards have the smash written on them multiple times, like She-Hulk's transformed card that has "Smash 2 Smash 2 Smash 2". She lets you discard up to 3 cards and get +2 attack from each of them.

In the case of Caiera, you have to play a covert (red) card first to activate the superpower, as with any activated superpower combo. The superpower in this case happens to be "Smash 2". So if you play a red card first, then you gain the option of using the smash power to discard 1 card and gain +2 attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This was a perfect answer.

Thanks so much!!

Also I just got the World War Hull XP.

Haven't played with it yet.

What are your thoughts of it?

Looks pretty fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fromper Fromper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the WWH box. Take a look at King Hulk's transformed card. Now imagine pairing it with all those heroes who can smash. He's amazing with She-Hulk's transformed card, especially.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Poitier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
World War Hulk is a great expansion, like said, Gladiator Hulk is a beast specially when paired with other heroes who SMASH!

Be careful though, the heroes that SMASH go really badly with those that Berserk, since cards that smash generally have 0 or less than 2 attack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls