10 Days in Asia» Forums » Sessions

Subject: 10 Days in Asia - Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
flag msg tools
Ten Days in Asia is the latest in installment in the Alan Moon / Aaron WeissblumTen Days” series, which includes Ten Days in Europe, USA and Africa. Europa Tour was the original, and was later adapted to include these four new versions. All of the games are virtually identical, with the main difference being the geographic location where the game takes place.

I haven’t played the “Asia” version yet, but have read the rules and taught it to a group. I’ll wait for my full review until I’ve actually played, but since I’m very familiar with the series, I feel confident in being able to make a few comments here.

The goal is the same: form a 10-day travel itinerary wherein all of the countries in the itinerary are connected. Various modes of transportation can be used to facilitate the connections. The first player to accomplish this wins the game.

Other than the Asian setting, the main difference in this version is the presence of trains. A few rail lines traverse several countries, and players can form connections between any two countries served by a particular rail line. In addition to trains, players may also use ships, airplanes and foot travel to make their connections.

I’ve always enjoyed the Ten Days series, and am happy to see it expanded to yet another geographic region. In addition to being fun to play, the games also serve as a useful tool to help folks learn geography. As such, they are perfect games to utilize in a classroom environment.

Rhonda, Bo and Kevin planned their journey through the Far East, with Bo being the first to successfully complete a connected itinerary.

Ratings: All 6’s

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.