Hide
9 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unequipping general items rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Photos Torpedo
msg tools
We know we have to equip items with hand icon and clothing in order to use 'em n/or get their benefits, we can bring with us many of 'em but just the equipped ones r "active".

But what 'bout items without hand icon n that r not clothing ? If for whatever reason i don't want to get the benefits of let's say the tribal necklace or the pipe, may i unequip 'em ? or no metter what, once i get 'em they r always active 'till i get rid of 'em ?

THX

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. T.
Germany
Kassel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Need to play more Shadows of Brimstone!
badge
Really!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Before your hero activation you can declare which item you use even the ones without a hand icon. We never had your scenario but we sometimes swap items from the indian scout bag in/out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just declaring you dont use it is generally sufficient. Dont know if there are some that are always active, but there is a box item that can hide another item thus canceling an always on effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Photos Torpedo
msg tools

Thanks to both, but where s written that we can equip/unequip items without hand icons ? Rules/faq just states that at the start of the hero s activation, the hero chooses what items/s to handle n which clothes to wear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 7 says:

Quote:
Heroes now Equip Items at the start of their Activation each turn, rather than at the start of the entire turn. This small tweak has been added to make it easier to remember and more convenient for the individual Heroes to adjust their Items each turn. Just remember that the Hero may not change the Items they have Equipped until the start of their following Activation.

When in the Caverns of Cynder, the Hero must take Hits from Clothing Items after Equipping/un-Equipping Items

[Edit - Personal Items added to description]

If you're going to play the RAW game, there are no "items" (modulo Personal Items) in the game, only gear and artifact cards, so it's reasonable to assume items refers to gear and/or artifacts. For example, on page 4 of the web rule book it says:

Quote:
Gear and Artifact cards are special equipment and relics that the Heroes can find while exploring the mines. They represent everything from common items like rope or bandages to ancient alien artifacts and occult books of lore! When found, these cards stay with the Hero and give them the bonuses listed on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for how and when to equip Clothing is in the Caverns of Cynder Rule Book. I'll save you some time - it's identical to the rules for equipping things in your hands except that the restriction is "one-clothing-per-clothing-slot-Keyword" (i.e. you cannot equip 2 Clothings that are both Keyword Shoulders at the same time).

The Official FAQ (as mentioned above by Autoduelist) touches on this as well (it came out long after Cynder did), because it redefines the "when" of when Heroes get to choose their equipment.

As far as we know non-Hand, non-Clothing Items (Gear/Artifacts) do not need to be "equipped" to use, only carried. This means that Items in the Scout Bag that don't require "equipping" can be used straight from the bag. You cannot, however, keep your Guns and/or Boots in there and ALSO consider them equipped. There are no stated limitations on when you can pull items out / put items in the Scout Bag, but the built-in limitations about not being able to equip the stuff currently inside make it necessarily impossible to both take something out AND equip it at any time other than the start of your Activation (you can take stuff out whenever you like, but you cant equip stuff whenever you like).

One last thing: there don't seem to be any timing restrictions on unequipping Items. You can technically take off your Hat at any time, but you have to wait till the Start of your Activation to put it back on. I assume that this is to facilitate trades and item management - it would suck to have to dump loot you find simply because you're full-up on anvils and not technically allowed to drop/trade equipped stuff. Note that there is a rule that prevents more than one Hero from benefiting from exactly the same copy of an Item more than once per Turn (you cannot equip your gun, shoot it, then unequip it and trade it to your friend, then have your friend Activate and shoot that same gun).

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Photos Torpedo
msg tools
Thanks a lot to everyone, but my question still remains, forget bout scout bag, just straight : If for whatever reason i don't want to get the benefits of let's say the tribal necklace or the pipe, can i ? or since those don t need to be equipped n r active just carring them they r always "on" n no metter what, if i don t trade/drop them I HAVE to get their benefits ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sceriffo Troc wrote:
Thanks a lot to everyone, but my question still remains, forget bout scout bag, just straight : If for whatever reason i don't want to get the benefits of let's say the tribal necklace or the pipe, can i ? or since those don t need to be equipped n r active just carring them they r always "on" n no metter what, if i don t trade/drop them I HAVE to get their benefits ?

No. If you're carrying them and they don't need to be equipped, then they affect you - you have no choice. Otherwise cursed items and parasites would have no teeth.

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Photos Torpedo
msg tools
Thank u Jee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls