Subject: Targa Custodian Repair and movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob H
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was struggling with how Custodians are supposed to act when activated. They are assault, not ranged, so they should move to target and get a free action ranged attack when they finish their move before regular combat rolls. So far, so good.

However, they have Repair(2) where they will heal themselves or other robots when not adjacent to a hero. This seems good, but outside of Targa Pylons being on the board, I can't see when repair would happen. The Pylons are the only exception to the above movement as they can count as a "target" in target selection, so the Custodian would pull away from the heroes towards a damaged Pylon. Other than that, they will always run to heroes.

I had an encounter of a Guardian and several Custodians, and it seemed like it would be cool with the big guy ("robot") supported by repairing Custodians, but I could not see any rule support for the AI to do anything that would let it actually repair the Guardian or even themselves.

Is this wrong? Did I miss something? Is there errata or a clarification maybe/ hopefully saying that any damaged robot is considered a potential target for movement? Even if they were Ranged instead of Assault, that could help the AI move to repair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think its mostly if due to space restrictions they cant reach the heroes and while standing behind another robot, they can repair it.

And also to discourage heroes to move away from them in case of a hero that prefers ranged attacks/operates best at range for his build.

If they prioritized on repairing a guardian, It could become unkillable!

Each Repairing 2 wounds on each adjacent robot combined with relatively high defense values can quickly add up to a lot with a few custodians.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob H
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oh ok. It is more of a soft counter to hero hallway plugging. That makes sense. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls