Rob H
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I had assumed that the "mark of" upgrade items (such as spend 2 dark stone to add 1 damage on a weapon used against beasts) still retained the dark stone symbol after use. That is even after the stone is spent and the card/upgrade is used, the weapon now has the dark stone symbol. I was treating this just like the dark stone blacksmith.

However another ability said that attachments that use dark stone cannot be applied. I then struggled to think of any that DON'T use dark stone to apply. Thus I started to wonder if the "mark of" upgrades didn't carry the dark stone trait/ corruption risk once the stone was spent.

Do the "mark of" cards retain the dark stone symbol once used? What is an example of an upgrade that doesn't use Dark Stone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Darkstone Icon still counts for end-of-adventure corruption hits. It also means you can't apply "Mark Of" runes to the vampire hunter shotgun or whatever other Gear / Artifact you were thinking of.

My cowboy has the Showman keyword, so he attached a Crisp Rose to the Vampire Hunter shotgun. It doesn't have an icon, and he gains a grit every time he rolls a 6 for movement. Rattlesnake Fangs are another option if you have the right keyword.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls