Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ken dunn
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had this since the kickstarter but just started playing (mostly solo)

I seem stuck on #3a "Catch me if you Can" The Bad guys keep breaking the Portcullis before I can sequence the portcullis to send them around the long way. I assume they'll move instead of sit there and try to break the portcullis if one of the portcullis is opened.

Brain Injury ...how does one play this card? The text says "either discard 2 non wound cards from your hand or add one wound card to your deck"

Does that happen immediately upon drawing it into your hand and if so does the card remain in your hand or is it discarded along with the 2 non wound cards? Normally (at least I think normally) an injury card would have a negative number but my card has a '2' (with no negative or positive symbol). A 2 would imply that having a brain injury helps your move or attack or defense (hey I played free safety on my high school team and I can see how a brain injury might help!)

Also there are a bunch of injury card and treasure cards that have people's names on them. Are they supposed to be used?

Also there are these Cards titled "Pacifist, Diva, Cannibalism, etc." I can't figure out what they are for.

Finally my Mogba'gh, Neshilim, and the caged victim all came broken, or at least were broken once I opened it to look a the pieces which was admittedly quite some time after I got it. Anyway to fix that?

thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carroll
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 27 there's some fairly exact rules for working out if enemies will try to break a portcullis. If there is more than one route, the portcullis is worth +12 movements points (4x the cards needs to overcome the obstacle) in determining which route is shortest. If going through the portcullis is still shortest after that calculation, they will try to break it.

I'm not sure about Brain Injury, sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
I can not tell you the page number as I do not have the rulebook with me, but the rule comes from me. Yes, you are absolutely right.

The enemies consider going around if the route appears to be faster (less movement point spent, where breaking the portcullis is considered 12 MP). Do keep in mind, that if the way through the portcullis is blocked (e.g. due to another enemy figure standing in a way), the blocked enemies will go around and eventually return back if the situation changes (eg. the enemy blocking the passage is killed or makes it through).

Also cultists if around a lever will go to use it in order to open the portcullis (unless they calculate going to the lever and back is more expensive than breaking the portcullis).

----------
So this is about the enemy movement. As for the heroes, do keep in mind you can "aid" the portcullis to survive longer. This was not mentioned in the first edition of the rules (although Timo always thought it can be done), but in the revised edition it is clearly said heroes can aid any figure or object. So you could possibly aid the portcullis to survive the enemy attack or in opposite decide to aid the enemy to break it. Normal aiding rules apply (the distance penalty).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
... ...
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These rules clarifications are important. As David pointed out supporting a portcullis is possible and often advisable.

Beyond that some heroes allow for manipulation of the response cards drawn which can be a life saver.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ken dunn
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashamel wrote:
On page 27 there's some fairly exact rules for working out if enemies will try to break a portcullis. If there is more than one route, the portcullis is worth +12 movements points (4x the cards needs to overcome the obstacle) in determining which route is shortest. If going through the portcullis is still shortest after that calculation, they will try to break it.

I'm not sure about Brain Injury, sorry.

Ah...updated rules reference. That helps a lot!

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ken dunn
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:

----------
So this is about the enemy movement. As for the heroes, do keep in mind you can "aid" the portcullis to survive longer. This was not mentioned in the first edition of the rules (although Timo always thought it can be done), but in the revised edition it is clearly said heroes can aid any figure or object. So you could possibly aid the portcullis to survive the enemy attack or in opposite decide to aid the enemy to break it. Normal aiding rules apply (the distance penalty).

Is the "revised edition" a different set of rules than the version available for download. I searched pretty thoroughly on page 12 and do not see where it indicates that you can aid anything but another hero. (The portcullis are very heroic doors)

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
They are the same. We did want people, that had the first edition and decided not to go after the RE upgrade, still be able to play with the up-to-date rules.

The aim of RE rulebook update was to make the rules more easy to understand and be more deterministic.

The calculating movement costs through destructible items was added as even if Timo wanted the enemies to try to break through, different gaming groups solved the crowded scenarios differently:

- enemies were running around like crazy only breaking a destructible item if there was no other way around
- enemies were gathering at chunk points blocking one another
- optimizing the enemies a way a game master would do
Different group different outcome. So in order to make enemy AI consistent between players, I suggested to value the destruction time in the decision making of the enemies.

Basically the MP cost considered by the enemies are (4*amount of response cards necessary to break the item)+fixed modifier for destruction (if the item has any).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.