Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [CAN] [Amazon.ca] Troyes - $56.50 CAD rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Morrison
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Vintage Paperback & Pulp Magazine Collector
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a smokin' hot deal, but better than paying $68 new from other Canadian retailers.

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B004AQSX72/?coliid=I3RCPZ4JLEKAOT&c...

BGG link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/73439/troyes

Cheers!

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As you say, not a killer deal... but a few dollars off and free shipping doesn't hurt. Troyes is a great game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Mammel
Canada
flag msg tools
Yet another amazing Canadian deal, $2 off. We get no deals in Canada, still find this very aggravating!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Crete
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
49.98 https://imaginaire.com/en/games-and-puzzles/troyes-troyes-mu...

expansion 39.98 https://imaginaire.com/en/games-and-puzzles/troyes-the-ladie...

Free shipping canada over 49
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Maier
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mammel wrote:
Yet another amazing Canadian deal, $2 off. We get no deals in Canada, still find this very aggravating!
I pay $130 every 2 weeks for health insurance, and that's with my employer paying 70% of the premium. I have pretty good health insurance, but I'm still out more than $1,200 in medical bills this year.

That's a lot of board games.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Mammel
Canada
flag msg tools
Pahn wrote:
Mammel wrote:
Yet another amazing Canadian deal, $2 off. We get no deals in Canada, still find this very aggravating!
I pay $130 every 2 weeks for health insurance, and that's with my employer paying 70% of the premium. I have pretty good health insurance, but I'm still out more than $1,200 in medical bills this year.

That's a lot of board games.


But I bet that you wouldn't be waiting in the hospital hallway for 2 days either, because there are no rooms available. Fully half of our taxes go to a fundamentally broken medical system. Universal healthcare sounds good in theory, until you actually get to experience a governments half ass interpretation of what that should look like. Good luck finding a family doctor too, mines an hour away from where I live because there are not enough doctors where I live, and no one takes new patients!

Crying the blues, yes I know it could always be worse. But it could certainly be better!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Robbins
United States
Browns Mills
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mammel wrote:
Pahn wrote:
Mammel wrote:
Yet another amazing Canadian deal, $2 off. We get no deals in Canada, still find this very aggravating!
I pay $130 every 2 weeks for health insurance, and that's with my employer paying 70% of the premium. I have pretty good health insurance, but I'm still out more than $1,200 in medical bills this year.

That's a lot of board games.


But I bet that you wouldn't be waiting in the hospital hallway for 2 days either, because there are no rooms available. Fully half of our taxes go to a fundamentally broken medical system. Universal healthcare sounds good in theory, until you actually get to experience a governments half ass interpretation of what that should look like. Good luck finding a family doctor too, mines an hour away from where I live because there are not enough doctors where I live, and no one takes new patients!

Crying the blues, yes I know it could always be worse. But it could certainly be better!


off topicpish and absolutely staying out of this politically, but it's not much better down here in that regard, I had my eyebrow split open all the way with blood spurting everywhere from playing soccer, and even with going to the emergency room and 2 soaked shirts later in the completely empty waiting room (nothing to wrap it with, had to make do), it took them 5 hours to see me when it took all of 10 minutes to do the stitches, and even with insurance it cost me 1200 out of pocket for that, and that isn't including ambulance or anything extra. This was also back when I was living in in a much bigger city that was actually much more affordable, if that happened where I'm at now, I'm SOL and lucky if I don't go bankrupt for the year.


"free market healthcare sounds good in theory, until everyone's playing russian roulette with their health day to day because of how absurd everything is from too many middlemen charging outrageous costs for their bottom line profit"


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mammel wrote:
Yet another amazing Canadian deal, $2 off. We get no deals in Canada, still find this very aggravating!


Most publishers take advantage of MAPP (minimum advertised price policy) pricing here in Canada.

Which basically means, you'll never see certain games under a particular price. (if a retailer breaks the minimum rule, the publisher instructs the distributor to cut the retailer off from selling them any future games).

It is legally ambiguous price fixing, basically.


As to health care, each system has its pluses and minuses. I like ours a little bit better. It might feel slightly less efficient. We might have longer wait times. But at the same time, I don't have to second guess whether my insurer is denying my claims because they feel a treatment is too expensive.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James E
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mammel wrote:
Pahn wrote:
Mammel wrote:
Yet another amazing Canadian deal, $2 off. We get no deals in Canada, still find this very aggravating!
I pay $130 every 2 weeks for health insurance, and that's with my employer paying 70% of the premium. I have pretty good health insurance, but I'm still out more than $1,200 in medical bills this year.

That's a lot of board games.


But I bet that you wouldn't be waiting in the hospital hallway for 2 days either, because there are no rooms available. Fully half of our taxes go to a fundamentally broken medical system. Universal healthcare sounds good in theory, until you actually get to experience a governments half ass interpretation of what that should look like. Good luck finding a family doctor too, mines an hour away from where I live because there are not enough doctors where I live, and no one takes new patients!

Crying the blues, yes I know it could always be worse. But it could certainly be better!


Have you ever actually used the Health Care system in Canada? I have, on multiple occasions, and I've never had to wait in a hallway for 2 days.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Maier
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mammel wrote:
Good luck finding a family doctor too, mines an hour away from where I live because there are not enough doctors where I live, and no one takes new patients!

Crying the blues, yes I know it could always be worse. But it could certainly be better!
It's actually hard to find family doctors here too, since it's lower-paying than the various specializations. NYU is actually waiving tuition for med school students if they go into lower-paying specialties. But there are also long waits to see specialists. My wife had to wait 6 months to see an endocrinologist, and a friend had to wait a similar length of time to see a cardiologist.

But I see no reason to copy the Canadian health care system, when something like France or Germany's is potentially a better fit and less of a leap from what we currently have. At least in my limited understanding.

So, about them board games. They sure are fun.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pahn wrote:
[q="Mammel"]
So, about them board games. They sure are fun.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan D.
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
If wishes were fishes all wrapped up in rices
badge
we'd all have a plateful of sushi.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pahn wrote:
...
So, about them board games. They sure are fun.



Fun and expensive around these parts, especially when you add in the high income and sales taxes we pay to cover free healthcare.

(Sorry - the thread was close to getting back on track for a minute...)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.