Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, my game groups has been mulling the new expansion and we have come up with a few predictions based on circumstances, initial feedback from media personalities and Stephen's own comments in the media. Some of these points are obvious, but follow the train of thought.

1) None of the previous expansions have been sold on KS
2) This new expansion on it's own is not anything that would require a KS in order to publish
3) It has been widely talked about that the component quality in TM is substantively inferior compared to the quality of the gameplay.
4) Stephen has said on numerous occasions that if he is going to do a deluxe version of the game it is going to be a War of the Ring deluxe version.
5) Rumours have been swirling of a stretch goal that includes improved playmats.
6) On the last Board Games Insider Stephen AGAIN talked about a deluxe version and ended with "hint, hint"
7) This expansion is coming to KS.

Speculation begins here...

8) You would really only go to KS for an established game (that has never been KSed) if you wanted to do something that was exceptionally risky and wanted to ensure a certain uptake before proceeding.
8) This is not just about some playmats.
9) This is about something much bigger.

Prediction...

STRONGHOLD IS GOING TO KICKSTART A SUPER DELUXE EDITION OF TERRAFORMING MARS!!!!

If Stephen is to be believed this game will totally bling out every element AND will likely run in the $3-400 US range. I also suspect that there will be a spot of the sixth (and I believe final) expansion and I further predict that this is something that will be included in the price for SUPER DELUXE backers.

Again, pure speculation. But I hope it's true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Or uh, they overprinted a fuckton of games like noria, that feld game, etc, got into trouble, were forced to merge with indie boards and cards who loves doing kickstarters and that's why they're running it.

And they've said as much . . . (Okay, the last part, I am speculating on the first part.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G K
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
Or uh, they overprinted a fuckton of games like noria, that feld game, etc, got into trouble, were forced to merge with indie boards and cards who loves doing kickstarters and that's why they're running it.

And they've said as much . . . (Okay, the last part, I am speculating on the first part.)

Agree.

I can't think of a better way for them to annoy people than to pull some sort of a bait and switch with this kickstarter. Also pretty sure Stephen B's said that if a deluxe version happened it would only be after the expansions were done.

However, the interest level in this KS will probably be a determining factor in whether they do a deluxe version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolkster
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legacy before Deluxe (if at all). And it looks like the 5th expansion (Global Events) and the 6th expansion (Politics) will be rolled into one large expansion, Turmoil.

https://www.boardgame-news.com/news/post/terraforming-mars-r...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:

Could not be more wrong...

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Haley
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
evilone wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games

This is always one of my favorite parts of BGG, seeing game designers/publishers publishers interact with (and occasionally roast) us peons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games

laugh Shut that line of speculation RIGHT down!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games

I mean, I could absolutely be more wrong. I could come up with way more wrong things. So . . . you could use english correctly; that could be a thing

I've just got some games suspiciously low on clearance with your cute little logo on them is all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Brown
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
evilone wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games

I mean, I could absolutely be more wrong. I could come up with way more wrong things. So . . . you could use english correctly; that could be a thing

I've just got some games suspiciously low on clearance with your cute little logo on them is all!

He clarified that you are 100% wrong about what you said. That means you could not be more wrong about what you said. That is very clear English.

Also, you misused an ellipses. Nice try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Johnson
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Now that the KS has launched, we also know the OP's prediction is also dead wrong.

The mind boggles at the wrongness of this entire thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fiveolddogs wrote:
Now that the KS has launched, we also know the OP's prediction is also dead wrong.

Glad to see that when people are having a little fun, you decide to poop on their parade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Johnson
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
jonocop wrote:
fiveolddogs wrote:

Glad to see that when people are having a little fun, you decide to poop on their parade.

Whoops. That was my attempt to add some levity to the thread. Would a emoji have helped?

Anyway, sorry it came off that way. I did think your speculation was fun, and you had me thinking they would go that way with the KS. Alas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rikard Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, if you proclaim a prediction out loud ahead of time, you can't just expect to get praise if it's correct but if it's wrong that nothing will happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.