d b
United States
De Forest
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
The road is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind.
badge
I taught my dog to play Mage Knight... good dog.
mbmbmb
1) Rulebook says on page 13:
If there is a Hunting deck on the board that contains both Beasts and Cultists, separate those cards and return them to the appropriate decks.

Is the intent to remove the hunting deck and return the Beasts to their appropriate decks? That is my guess but if I know there are only beasts (and no cultists) in the deck this rule states that it wouldn't be removed from the board. My thought is that isn't what is intended.

2)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Stone Amulet isn't mentioned in the rulebook except on the back cover where it is just listed as a token. In campaign scenario 2 you can build it but have no idea what it does or would be used for. I did build one and was able to discard it when prompted on a card but still didn't really tell me what it was for or why I would want to build it. Maybe that was the intent and I'll find out later?

3)
Rulebook says about torches that "This Item can be Built repeatedly, including multiple times in the same round." Do you need to use a build action for each torch? (assumption is yes and dang that is going to be hard)

Other rulebook typos?
4) Page 13 in solo section uses sole when I think solo was intended. Not major but reads funny.

5) Page 8 in madness token section.
When there is a Madness token on an Adventure deck, and an Action of that
type is taken, the player who resolves it takes 1 <sanity>, whether or not the Action dice are rolled. If the Action dice are rolled, ignore the result <sanity> / <sanity> / <sanity> on the Wound die in this situation. if <sanity> appears on the Wound die. After a player takes <sanity>, as the result of this Action, the Madness token is discarded.

I'm thinking it should have read like this and was the remnant of an edit that wasn't cleaned up.
type is taken, the player who resolves it takes 1 <sanity>, whether or not the Action dice are rolled. If the Action dice are rolled, ignore the result <sanity> / <sanity> / <sanity> on the Wound die in this situation. if <sanity> appears on the Wound die. After a player takes <sanity>, as the result of this Action, the Madness token is discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dembek
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
bikefreak wrote:
1) Rulebook says on page 13:
If there is a Hunting deck on the board that contains both Beasts and Cultists, separate those cards and return them to the appropriate decks.

Is the intent to remove the hunting deck and return the Beasts to their appropriate decks? That is my guess but if I know there are only beasts (and no cultists) in the deck this rule states that it wouldn't be removed from the board. My thought is that isn't what is intended.

Yeah it should say or/and or something like that. The idea is you always remove it, just remember to return appropriate cards to appropriate decks.

2)
Stone Amulet isn't mentioned in the rulebook except on the back cover where it is just listed as a token. In campaign scenario 2 you can build it but have no idea what it does or would be used for. I did build one and was able to discard it when prompted on a card but still didn't really tell me what it was for or why I would want to build it. Maybe that was the intent and I'll find out later?

Sounds like a Mystery if you ask me =).

3)
Rulebook says about torches that "This Item can be Built repeatedly, including multiple times in the same round." Do you need to use a build action for each torch? (assumption is yes and dang that is going to be hard)

You assume correctly, and we are sorry! (not really)

Other rulebook typos?
4) Page 13 in solo section uses sole when I think solo was intended. Not major but reads funny.

Thanks for that catch!

5) Page 8 in madness token section.

I'm thinking it should have read like this and was the remnant of an edit that wasn't cleaned up.

Indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve seen a few other typos in the rule book - but luckily nothing that is confusing.

At one point players was spelt payers. All minor things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.