Hide
6 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Next Zombicide Kickstarter Wishlist? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattrix K
msg tools
This question isn't asking what you think will be next, but what you want most of all. I want to hear what you think would be great additions to the Zombicide universe of games.

Here are some of my ideas:

Fantasy Season 3

I own Black Plague, so I'd love to expand that world (without paying a ton on ebay for old kickstarter stuff). I'd love to see Elven Zombies come into it, maybe as lower-powered Deadeye Walkers (only shooting 1-2 spaces instead of 3) and Dwarven zombies could be able to burrow up from underground. You could also add other races like Lizardmen, Drow, Gnomes, etc.

Green Horde brought in Siege Engines, but I'd like to see animals brought into it too, such as Horses. They can be used to get across the board quicker and/or carry more stuff. They could work similar to Dogs, except maybe taking up 2 backpack spaces or taking 2 Actions to use.

The tiles could be a mix of Forests and Caves. Trees allow vantage points like Wulfburg's towers, and caves can be close confines the concentrate the carnage. (Intersting phrase that: Close Confines Concentrate Carnage)

Modern Season 4

I'd like to add a Modern version to my collection, so I think a Kickstarter would be the best way to do it (I honestly don't know which I want more; Modern or Fantasy).

So far we've had a Prison, a Hospital and a Mall, but I'd really like to see a more Military setting, which would provide an opportunity for some fantasic new weaponry (and vehicles). However, I feel the basic Military theme could be a little dry, so I'd like to see it spiced up with some Mad Scientist type experimentation. This could provide us with some more out-there zombies and weapons (and by "out-there" I mean "balls-to-the-wall-insane"). This could possibly be an expansion, but I'd rather see it as part of the core game (so I don't have to spend even more money).

Sci-Fi Season 2(3?)

Since Invader hasn't even shipped yet, I don't really have anything to add here. I'm just sad I didn't get into Zombicide until after the Invader Kickstarter.

A Completely New Setting

The beauty of this game is that it isn't limited to the usual tropes (fantasy/modern/sci-fi), it can be expanded to any setting you can think of and find a home.

How great would it be to have tranquil island beaches overrun by zombie Pirates. Set up cannons on the deck and blast way. Muskets and Cutlasses cutting through the horde. Just watch out for the ones emerging from the depths, whose bloated rotting bodies absorb musket fire and release deadly gases when sliced open (fire is the only reliable way to kill these water-logged corpses).

What about a Wild West setting, where Cowboys and Indians have to band together to survive the incoming tide. Horses, Rifles, 6-Shooters, Gatling Guns, Woo Hoo!

I'm very partial to the idea of Steampunk as well, with Van Helsing's gas-powered repeating crossbow as a great example of this (I've even created a custom Vault weapon called "The Hellsinger" based on it). The wonderful thing about Steampunk is that it can work in lots of different eras. I know traditionally it's set in Victorian England, and that could be great, but it could also work with Wild West time (Weird West), the Pirate theme or even the Fantasy setting, among many others.

Campaign Mode

I know there is an RPG version coming soon, and that a lot of people are excited about it. That's not a big deal to me personally, but I wouldn't mind a simple, dumbed-down campaign to be a part of the newest

So what do you all think? What do you really want to see next?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Ocampo
Germany
Lemgo
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
i think that an asian setting for fantasy would fit in too.

Samurai Zombies and Ninjas , or how you said elvs, lizards etc.
Would be even better with a crossover for massive darkness maybe.

isnt the next Zombicide the Silent Hill version? Or what was that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See also: /thread/2109150

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quentin Frost
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want a return to modern, which I like the best. New locations and promo characters, but no new weapons - we have more than enough. More tiles, new scenarios, more promo characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
MtnFrost wrote:
I want a return to modern, which I like the best. New locations and promo characters, but no new weapons - we have more than enough. More tiles, new scenarios, more promo characters.

We have more than enough weapons, but not promo characters?

However, modern with the teaks and dashboards of the more recent versions would be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
silent hill version..would do it for me..if the rumours are true of course!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.