Subject: How do I determine what “printing” I received? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Kees
United States
California
flag msg tools
Just got my copy from Amazon.

How do I determine if I got the 2nd printing without opening the box? Is there something printed on the box to indicate the printing/version? If the seller sent me a 1st printing, I’m returning it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin barnhill
United States
Oxford
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm not really sure if there's an indication on the box....but i believe its' been noted/reported that the most recent batch to hit amazon was 2nd printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
supercommando440 wrote:

How do I determine if I got the 2nd printing without opening the box? Is there something printed on the box to indicate the printing/version? If the seller sent me a 1st printing, I’m returning it.

Very unlikely the seller had any unsold first printings but why would you return it? There is a free replacement card set available for the handful of minor misprints on some of the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximilian Berbechelov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't return a game I've waited for months because of a typo But to each his own

However, I think it's HIGHLY unlikely that you got a first printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You do know the typos are in the second printing too, right? They didn’t get fixed until the third run. You can get corrected cards from MeepleSource for the cost of shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
supercommando440 wrote:

It's listed under the Rules on the Wingspan site.... I just got mine from Amazon as well and it is 2nd printing, 3rd print isn't out yet.

https://stonemaiergames.com/games/wingspan/rules/

How do I know which printing I have?

Look at the number to the left of the panda icon near the bar code on the bottom of your box (English printings only). This is what the first printing code looks like (1712-1764):

This is what the second printing looks like (1812-2078):

This is what the third printing looks like (19003):
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mike! I just added that to the FAQ the other day (I also typed out the number on the FAQ, as they're pretty small on the boxes).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kees
United States
California
flag msg tools
OurBG wrote:
I wouldn't return a game I've waited for months because of a typo But to each his own

However, I think it's HIGHLY unlikely that you got a first printing.

I just want a version that has no misspellings, nothing that will confuse people. So looks like I got 2nd printing. I’ll keep it. Thanks to all who helped!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My freight copy from SM arrived today. Confirmed 3rd print based on the images posted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Bought a copy today at a brick and mortar store. Lo and behold, 1st edition. Thought those would have all been gone by now!! Meeplesource it is for the upgrade pack...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Zilla
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
burrie wrote:
Bought a copy today at a brick and mortar store. Lo and behold, 1st edition. Thought those would have all been gone by now!! Meeplesource it is for the upgrade pack...

Same thing happened to me last Friday. They got two copies in from the distributer and I thought it would be 2nd or 3rd printing according to Jamey's comments but it actually was 1st printing. So, I think people need to be aware the there are 1st printing copies being sold at retail right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Seymour
United States
SAINT LOUIS
MO
flag msg tools
badge
Jakub Rozalski Did Nothing Wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
burrie wrote:

Note that they are all first edition, you got a first printing copy. Printing and Edition refer to two different things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.