2 Posts

The Great Battles of Alexander: Deluxe Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions after first game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerardo Bolanos
msg tools
I have two questions:

1- Do cavalry units get Cohesion hits for doing and orderly withdrawal?

2- I'm not clear how the breakthrough portion of the shock resolution works. A unit which accumulates 3 times more cohesion points and another one adds 2 additional Cohesion hits. Does this mean a unit taking 3x the hits in the current shock? or is it a comparison of current cohesion hit number overall.

For example: Unit A starts with 0 hits and takes 1 hit. Units B starts with 2 hits and takes 1 hit during shock with A. Now they have 1 and 3 respectively. Does breakthrough occur and B takes 2 more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hellsten
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gebs99 wrote:
1- Do cavalry units get Cohesion hits for doing and orderly withdrawal?

They dont take the automatic hit as per 6.72 point 1. But the other points do stand, so if withdrawing from enemy in their flank/rear they will take a hit, and they have to take a TQ check at the end of their withdrawal.

gebs99 wrote:
2- I'm not clear how the breakthrough portion of the shock resolution works. A unit which accumulates 3 times more cohesion points and another one adds 2 additional Cohesion hits. Does this mean a unit taking 3x the hits in the current shock? or is it a comparison of current cohesion hit number overall.

For example: Unit A starts with 0 hits and takes 1 hit. Units B starts with 2 hits and takes 1 hit during shock with A. Now they have 1 and 3 respectively. Does breakthrough occur and B takes 2 more?

Yes. It's the accumulated hits, not the ones just earned in combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.