Senji» Forums » Rules

Subject: Game end - if players tied for 60+ points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rulebook states: If two players tie for the game, one more turn is played to decide a winner

Does this mean 1 FINAL turn/round?
Or carry on playing turns/rounds until there is a clear winner?

Thanks, Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um
badge
Motherless Brooklyn - Jonathon Lethem
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalman wrote:
Rulebook states: If two players tie for the game, one more turn is played to decide a winner

Thanks, Sal

It appears the 'final' condition is something you've added, not something stated in the rules (I haven't looked at them in ages). Why not assume it means exactly what it says?

(You've added 'clear winner' as well, but that doesn't change anything; the two players are either tied or they aren't.)

edit: If that's too cryptic, I'll state that based on the information provided, I assume the 'two players tied' state could repeat any number of times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Zalman wrote:

Thanks, Sal

It appears the 'final' condition is something you've added, not something stated in the rules (I haven't looked at them in ages). Why not assume it means exactly what it says?

(You've added 'clear winner' as well, but that doesn't change anything; the two players are either tied or they aren't.)

edit: If that's too cryptic, I'll state that based on the information provided, I assume the 'two players tied' state could repeat any number of times.
Thanks for your quick reply.
The only quote from the rulebook is in the first sentence of my post.

But it is ambiguous, with 2 possible meanings ... which I then stated, in my own wording.

Thanks for your interpretation, I would probably go with that as well, since nothing was stated about a shared win if still tied after another turn, So keep on playing until there is no tie.
It may also be ambiguous because another turn always resolves the tie.
I haven't played the game yet, was just preparing for our first game, this weekend God-willing .

Thanks again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um
badge
Motherless Brooklyn - Jonathon Lethem
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalman wrote:

But it is ambiguous, with 2 possible meanings ... which I then stated, in my own wording.

The difference being that one of them requires an additional unstated restriction, and the other does not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Zalman wrote:

The difference being that one of them requires an additional unstated restriction, and the other does not.
Very true.
U have convinced me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.