tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Unshelm
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
Why do you think it is a KS?

Terraforminng Mars with it expansions have not been a KS before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Baersson wrote:
Why do you think it is a KS?

Terraforminng Mars with it expansions have not been a KS before.

Have you been hiding under a rock on these forums? lol. There are a bunch of threads complaining about the fact they announced they are doing a ks. hahaha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Unshelm
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
Right you are. I should have read the other threads before commenting :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Unshelm
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
In one of the other Threads, it is stated that KS goes live on the 16th April. Lets see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oushuo Huang
China
flag msg tools
can't wait for this expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soooo? No official time yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leifi Ollat
msg tools
mbmbmb
According to Stronghold Games Facebook page it is live at KS tomorrow at 9 am EST.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leifi Ollat
msg tools
mbmbmb
But that was 6 hours ago, so it will be today, in 5 hours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert McVie
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
badge
Time to Embark!
mbmbmbmbmb
But its almost the 17th! Grr.. timezones..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cowlin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait for this. I dont understand why people are complaining it's a Kickstarter? If you want to wait cor a retail release surely you can choose to do that. but if it is a Kickstarter release hopefully there will be some stretch goals that offer additional content. Extra corps and project cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Ponga
Belgium
Bruxelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bohdominator wrote:
I can't wait for this. I dont understand why people are complaining it's a Kickstarter? If you want to wait cor a retail release surely you can choose to do that. but if it is a Kickstarter release hopefully there will be some stretch goals that offer additional content. Extra corps and project cards

To be fair, those "extra" corps and projects would have been directly added to a regular retail edition. Stretch goals are just a marketing gimmick - albeit a fun one, that I admit

I actually preferred a direct retail system, as usual, to avoid shipping fares. But I'm not completely against this, though - specially if they sweeten the deal with some goodies for backers. Looking forward to the campaign later today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cowlin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ParaSiempre wrote:
Bohdominator wrote:

To be fair, those "extra" corps and projects would have been directly added to a regular retail edition. Stretch goals are just a marketing gimmick - albeit a fun one, that I admit

I actually preferred a direct retail system, as usual, to avoid shipping fares. But I'm not completely against this, though - specially if they sweeten the deal with some goodies for backers. Looking forward to the campaign later today!

I actually disagree with a lot of Kickstarter campaigns you do get extra content that will never make it to retail. Look at the zombicide campaigns you get loads of Kickstarter exclusive content that would never have made it to retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bohdominator wrote:
ParaSiempre wrote:
Bohdominator wrote:

I actually disagree with a lot of Kickstarter campaigns you do get extra content that will never make it to retail. Look at the zombicide campaigns you get loads of Kickstarter exclusive content that would never have made it to retail.

That is Cmon's business model. If you don't do KS, you simply put it in the retail version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Ponga
Belgium
Bruxelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bohdominator wrote:
ParaSiempre wrote:
Bohdominator wrote:

Ah, but then you are talking about exclusives. And as far as I know, there will not be any exclusives in this KS - as should be, by the way: exclusives would really hurt the retail value, and I think they want to be successful with both KS and retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cowlin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ParaSiempre wrote:
Bohdominator wrote:
ParaSiempre wrote:
Bohdominator wrote:

Ah, but then you are talking about exclusives. And as far as I know, there will not be any exclusives in this KS - as should be, by the way: exclusives would really hurt the retail value, and I think they want to be successful with both KS and retail.

I don't mind exclusive Kickstarter content. the retail version should be great on its own. Any additional Kickstarter content should just be a small added bonus to thank the backers of the campaign. Even if the stretch goals are later bundled into a pack and sold through their own website this would be fine because backers would have got them for free. There has to be an incentive to back the campaign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bohdominator wrote:
ParaSiempre wrote:
Bohdominator wrote:
ParaSiempre wrote:
Bohdominator wrote:

I don't mind exclusive Kickstarter content. the retail version should be great on its own. Any additional Kickstarter content should just be a small added bonus to thank the backers of the campaign. Even if the stretch goals are later bundled into a pack and sold through their own website this would be fine because backers would have got them for free. There has to be an incentive to back the campaign

The main incentive is you get to buy it before others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delia Volpi
msg tools
mbmbmb
EU time for the kickstarter?

I am not sure to pledge this kickstarter (I am following too many of them and I prefer to buy games at the retailers...I must admit).
I do not care to have the game in advance...I have so many of them and we can borrow a huge amount from the game library, that I can play for years

However I want to give a look at this new expansion by sure because I love TM.

I would prefer to pay the game less than to have exclusive SGs. It is nice everybody can enjoy all the SGs even if they buy at the retailers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tilouboy wrote:
But not necessarily receive it before others. You're giving the publisher an interest-free loan -- usually at no lower a price than you would end up paying retail, especially if you use a discounted online site -- and you actually have no guarantee of receiving the product for which you "paid."

Kickstarter should IMO be used for companies that don't necessarily have the funding to go forward, and projects that would not necessarily get produced without good-faith contributions from their target community. Neither IB&C nor Stronghold is in the former category, and nothing related to TFM is in any danger of not selling.

And yet, here I go, giving KS my money because it's TFM, so I need my fix. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
ryudoowaru wrote:
tilouboy wrote:
But not necessarily receive it before others. You're giving the publisher an interest-free loan -- usually at no lower a price than you would end up paying retail, especially if you use a discounted online site -- and you actually have no guarantee of receiving the product for which you "paid."

Kickstarter should IMO be used for companies that don't necessarily have the funding to go forward, and projects that would not necessarily get produced without good-faith contributions from their target community. Neither IB&C nor Stronghold is in the former category, and nothing related to TFM is in any danger of not selling.

And yet, here I go, giving KS my money because it's TFM, so I need my fix. shake

Ya, you're part of the problem!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I wonder how much money this campaign will make? Any guesses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
ryudoowaru wrote:
tilouboy wrote:

And yet, here I go, giving KS my money because it's TFM, so I need my fix. :shake:

Ya, you're part of the problem! :)
Yeah, it's truly amazing how I can have enough hands to get my wallet out while simultaneously tapping the inside of my elbow to raise the vein...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Collins
Australia
flag msg tools
I know right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/strongholdgames/terrafo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Geiser
Switzerland
Oensingen
Solothurn
flag msg tools
mbmb
This Kickstarter is ... mildly ... disappointing. No german version? You've got to be kidding me. So you just exlude a market with 100 million inhabitants? Thanks for that, but no thanks. And 34$ seems quite a price for the content. I think I'm waiting for the german version in retail.

Edit: Just learned that there will probable be no retail version in german at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.