Popular Tags: [View All]
James Burns
United States
Dupont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So teaching the game the LAB 405 came into play.

It is worth 3 points and says: You can receive 1 additional paradox before taking an anomaly.

Why would you take it? It would cause more Anomalies ,but would get your triangles off the time line faster I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Luigi Tartaglia
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
j-train1 wrote:

It is worth 3 points and says: You can receive 1 additional paradox before taking an anomaly.

Why would you take it? It would cause more Anomalies ,but would get your triangles off the time line faster I guess.

It would cause LESS anomalies, because you’ll need 4 paradox instead of 3 before getting an anomaly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
mbmbmbmbmb
it's an extra spot to place paradoxes so you could get 4 instead of 3 before placing an anomaly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias N
Germany
Landsberg / Lech
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, each anomaly costs you 3 VP at the end of the game, occupies a valuable building site or covers an already built building, costs you 2 GUT / 1 N and 2 water to remove it again, in short: I avoid getting anomalies as best I can.

Depending on your playing style during the warp phase, Building 405 can help you collect more paradoxes before you get an anomaly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tuzzi
Italy
Milan
Lombardy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
j-train1 wrote:

I guess you’re reading it wrong: it gives you 4 paradox slots instead of the usual 3, to fill before you get an anomaly, like everyone else said.
I assume you thought it meant: “every time you get an anomaly, also add one paradox token to your paradox track”, which is not the correct meaning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Burns
United States
Dupont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tootzo wrote:
j-train1 wrote:

I guess you’re reading it wrong: it gives you 4 paradox slots instead of the usual 3, to fill before you get an anomaly, like everyone else said.
I assume you thought it meant: “every time you get an anomaly, also add one paradox token to your paradox track”, which is not the correct meaning

Yep,
that is how I read it. Well with the rest of your replies the building makes more sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
j-train1 wrote:
Tootzo wrote:
j-train1 wrote:

Yep,
that is how I read it. Well with the rest of your replies the building makes more sense.

Ah! I really couldn't understand in what way you could have misunderstood that rules text, but now it's obvious how it could be read that way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
SpecularRain wrote:
Ah! I really couldn't understand in what way you could have misunderstood that rules text, but now it's obvious how it could be read that way!

We had to read it a couple of times before we got it. Perhaps slightly clearer wording would be:
"You can receive 1 additional paradox before having to take an anomaly".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, I read it the same as the OP, the first time I came across it. But thankfully I had already played the game a bit prior to coming across that building, so I intuitively knew what it was trying to say. I agree with Paul's rewording... just in case Mindclash is listening and there's a reprint in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Luigi Tartaglia
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

Yeah, I read it the same as the OP, the first time I came across it. But thankfully I had already played the game a bit prior to coming across that building, so I intuitively knew what it was trying to say. I agree with Paul's rewording... just in case Mindclash is listening and there's a reprint in the future.

Like the one in the new kickstarter just launched
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.