3 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: QuestBuilder online rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikael Nygaard
Denmark
flag msg tools
Have you been looking for more Quests to play in Massive Darkness (MD) or Zombicide Black Plague/Green Horde (ZBP/ZGH), but realized that they are hard to find? Have you tried the Zombicide quest editor and found it a bit lacking? Then look no further. I present a new online community site called QuestBuilder located at https://questbuilder.online. There you can design custom quests for MD, ZBP and ZGH and share them with others.

The site is still work in progress, but should be quite functional, so please try it out and let me know what you think. I am working on this in my spare time, so do not expect rapid development. I plan to add support for more board games than the ones mentioned, but need feedback before adding more content.

Hope you enjoy, happy questing 🥳
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattrix K
msg tools
Hi @mikanyg, I'm having a play with the builder and it looks decent, but one thing jumped out at me immediately:

The Toolbox displays all components for all games all the time. I've selected to create a Black Plague map, but the Toolbox is full of MD and GH components as well.

I know some people may have some or all of the games, and hence want to use all the components, but many people don't. Maybe having some checkboxes to turn on/off the various games would be a solution?

I would also suggest separating the components into categories with accordions (or at least titles), so I can easily find the components I need. If I want to lay some tiles, I can open the tile accordion. Spawn points? Spawn point accordion. Etc.

Edit: A also noticed that the builder lets you lay the same tile multiple times. I don't think this is a huge issue as long as people are careful, but it can also be pretty easy to lay 2V and 2R without realising it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Nygaard
Denmark
flag msg tools
mattrixk wrote:
Hi @mikanyg, I'm having a play with the builder and it looks decent, but one thing jumped out at me immediately:

The Toolbox displays all components for all games all the time. I've selected to create a Black Plague map, but the Toolbox is full of MD and GH components as well.

I know some people may have some or all of the games, and hence want to use all the components, but many people don't. Maybe having some checkboxes to turn on/off the various games would be a solution?

I would also suggest separating the components into categories with accordions (or at least titles), so I can easily find the components I need. If I want to lay some tiles, I can open the tile accordion. Spawn points? Spawn point accordion. Etc.

Edit: A also noticed that the builder lets you lay the same tile multiple times. I don't think this is a huge issue as long as people are careful, but it can also be pretty easy to lay 2V and 2R without realising it.

Thx for the feedback, you are right on all accounts. I have planned better filtering and grouping of the toolbox as well as expanding the property window to display no of tokens/tiles, and these number would also go on the actual quest somewhere.

But after the initial launch I have been busy with some other stuff, but I plan to get back to "work" soon. Next big thing is to make the designer more user-friendly with other popular tile based games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.