Subject: Retail vs kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gert Delen
Belgium
Vorselaar
flag msg tools
Hi all,

I am interested in this game and because I missed the kickstarter I need to wait until it hits retail someday (hopefully soon). But one thing I am concerned about is the fact that it seems that the option to play as the intruders once you got eliminated is only for the Kickstarter version. That doesn't feel right, because player elimination can be harsh. If I invite my friends over and one of them is killed within the first half hour I want him to give something to do other then bringing over some drinks from the fridge.

Will the rules and cards needed for this end up in the file section or can it be purchased separately, or did I misinterpret it and will it be a part of the core box?

(ps: is there any news on ETA for retail?)

Thanks upfront!

Kr,
Gert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Soller
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Not sure but don't feel too bad if you can't get ahold of it. The game is really hard already and nobody wants the intruders to be controlled by a player once you try it. There's already enough things going against you in this game. I think people who die just have to take the loss and it's unfortunate but so worth it. And it makes precious survival all the sweeter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mann
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul Teukbyeol-si
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Intruder player cards are included in the retail version.

From what I understand, everything found in the box that players are using now will be in the retail version of Nemesis, which also includes the Intruder player deck.

The only exclusives released so far are the cooperative campaign comic book and corresponding tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
_lo-ol_
mbmbmb
Old_Sol wrote:
I think people who die just have to take the loss and it's unfortunate but so worth it. And it makes precious survival all the sweeter.

This!

And,
I would say that a character dying in the first half hour would be very odd, it means they pushed their luck beyond reasonable limits...

I mean, in general it takes at least 3 successfull attacks from an Intruder (i.e. dealing serious wounds) to kill a character*
(there are other ways to get damage, though)

Intruders attack when they spawn (in case of surprise attack), once per round (in the event phase) or when the character tries to escape.
So, if you're playing right you shouldn't have many intruders after 0.5h of play, so you can always escape (even with some damage) and survive for longer time.

(*) they need 3 serious wounds plus 1 light wound to die

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United Kingdom
Isle of Man
flag msg tools
You'll find after the first character death the game naturally accelerates. Arguably a player in control of Intruders makes it more difficult for everyone still at the table.

TBH the only really, really bad event that I think could feasibly happen early on is Eclosion I think it is? Where everyone with a larvae, chest bursts and dies. I always stress how important it is not to get a larvae early game and if you do, get it treated.

Easily mitigated though if its a concern by maybe taking it out and shuffling it back in after the first 5 rounds or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Baker
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is probably the best example of a board game that is launched through KS but worth getting at retail, it's a quality game with all the best content being made available at retail.

Unlike how Cmon might manage the launch of there products.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Digimortal wrote:
This is probably the best example of a board game that is launched through KS but worth getting at retail, it's a quality game with all the best content being made available at retail.

Unlike how Cmon might manage the launch of there products.

There have been a number of others I've seen:
Big Trouble in Little China (everything Epic games)
Unfair (Good Games/CMON)
City of Kings (The City of Games)
Who Goes There? (Certifiable)
Colosseum: Emperor's edition (Tasty Minstrel)
Spirit Island (Greater Than Games)

In each case any promos/deluxe components are/will be available separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Quite a bit more expensive retail than KS; enough to have regrets, and perhaps even dissuade from buying. After all a buddy has it already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Soller
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Deathfire wrote:
You'll find after the first character death the game naturally accelerates. Arguably a player in control of Intruders makes it more difficult for everyone still at the table.

TBH the only really, really bad event that I think could feasibly happen early on is Eclosion I think it is? Where everyone with a larvae, chest bursts and dies. I always stress how important it is not to get a larvae early game and if you do, get it treated.

Easily mitigated though if its a concern by maybe taking it out and shuffling it back in after the first 5 rounds or something.

This is supposed to be mitigated by always keeping at least one card in your hand or "being more careful" as you explore. If you keep one card in your hand, Larvae can't ever do a surprise attack on you giving you time to kill them. It took me 4 plays of this game to get the hang of deciding how many cards I should try to keep in my hand at the end of every turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hiner
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Renaud Verlaque wrote:
Quite a bit more expensive retail than KS; enough to have regrets, and perhaps even dissuade from buying. After all a buddy has it already.

What is the expected retail price? I bought an extra copy to sell so I'm trying to decide if I should try to sell it now while they are more rare or wait until I get the rest of the add-ons and sell the whole bundle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Listed as preorder for $119.90 as a couple of the notable online retailers.

I was actually able to get on that buddy’s pledge and order the game for $94 (before shipping or add-ons).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.