Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This campaign states
Special rules
During the enemy charge and assault mission all Hostiles are fearless
But this campaign is an offensive campaign
page 39 states
You do not use a mission card for offensive missions.
So how can the Hostiles be fearless?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William L
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fearless means that enemies are not affected by SUPP results. They can only be EKIA'd. Ignore all SUPP against enemies.

Edited: I now realize the problem with the campaign sheet on this. It references specific missions that are not listed or used by this campaign. Well, that stinks, as I was going to run this campaign. Hope there is an answer from DVG soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PandaBall wrote:
This campaign states
Special rules
During the enemy charge and assault mission all Hostiles are fearless
But this campaign is an offensive campaign
page 39 states
You do not use a mission card for offensive missions.
So how can the Hostiles be fearless?

I noticed the same thing....

The Campaign sheets have several errata on them, this being one of them. in addition, all of the offensive campaigns are supposed to have an RP chart that lists the RP's added after succeeding or failing in amission for the next week. But, except for the Wake Island offensive campaign, none of the other offensive campaigns have this listing.

Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So are we saying all Japanese are fearless. This seems strange as the implication is that is for a defensive campaign. Maybe they originally had a Guad defensive campaign and left this in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PandaBall wrote:
So are we saying all Japanese are fearless. This seems strange as the implication is that is for a defensive campaign. Maybe they originally had a Guad defensive campaign and left this in.

No, we are saying the text on the campaign card regarding the special rules and Mission Cards is in error and should be considered errata.

Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William L
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not just that one it seems.

A couple other cards don't mention you need expansions when you do. For instance, Tarawa says to Recon the Naval Bombardment card. This is not included in the core game, at least not that I have found yet, which means I cannot play that campaign.

Another campaign states to put a tank on the Airfield. Cool. Core didn't come with vehicles, so.......

I love this game so far, but it is things like thi that make me not want to support DVG. But I am already looking at other expansions. Sigh

EDIT: Looks like Naval Fire Support is an Action Card. I will look through that deck, but I think you still needed Vehicles to put a Tank on the Airfield.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suvorov928 wrote:

A couple other cards don't mention you need expansions when you do. For instance, Tarawa says to Recon the Naval Bombardment card. This is not included in the core game, at least not that I have found yet, which means I cannot play that campaign.

Another campaign states to put a tank on the Airfield. Cool. Core didn't come with vehicles, so.......

I love this game so far, but it is things like thi that make me not want to support DVG. But I am already looking at other expansions. Sigh

EDIT: Looks like Naval Fire Support is an Action Card. I will look through that deck, but I think you still needed Vehicles to put a Tank on the Airfield.

I am not at home, and so do not have access to any materials, but there ARE Hostile cards included in the base that are, in deed, tanks. Not sure if this is what is being referenced or not.

Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suvorov928 wrote:

The Naval Bombardment card is in Expansion #43.
As far as the Tank I do believe there is one in the base game Japanese Hostiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Chee
Australia
flag msg tools
publisher
"The destiny of nations is shaped by the plangent vicissitude of destroying enemy flattops, interdicting their convoys, and severing their reinforcements and supply lines. And, if you make ace along the way... well, that's just gravy."
badge
"The destiny of nations is shaped by the plangent vicissitude of destroying enemy flattops, interdicting their convoys, and severing their reinforcements and supply lines. And, if you make ace along the way... well, that's just gravy."
mbmbmbmbmb
Suvorov928 wrote:

Both the Naval Fire Support and Type 95 Tank Hostile are in the core game:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bchee wrote:
Suvorov928 wrote:

Well thats not good........................
I just went through both the ETO and PTO Action decks.
The ONLY Naval Fire Support Card that I have is 43-009.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MJA1967 wrote:
bchee wrote:
Suvorov928 wrote:

Mike, while I cannot verify if there is a Naval Fire Support card in the Base Game or not, until I get home, I can confirm there are at least 2 in my PTO Action Deck, because I had a Discard and Draw last night where I drew them both

EDIT: I am working on an Action Card project, mainly to try and codify and learn the differences between the ETO and PTO Action Cards. Looking at my data, I can confirm that there are, in fact 3 Naval Fire Support Action Cards in the PTO Deck. Keep in mind that I have all the Expansions (other than the Zombies), and until I get home I cannot specify which Expansions/Base Set that includes the Cards

Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Chee
Australia
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tpholt wrote:
EDIT: I am working on an Action Card project, mainly to try and codify and learn the differences between the ETO and PTO Action Cards. Looking at my data, I can confirm that there are, in fact 3 Naval Fire Support Action Cards in the PTO Deck. Keep in mind that I have all the Expansions (other than the Zombies), and until I get home I cannot specify which Expansions/Base Set that includes the Cards

That would be 2 Naval Fire Support cards in the core set, and one more in Expansion 43. The Naval Fire Support card was part of the stretch goals from the Kickstarter, which added an extra deck of cards into the core game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William L
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found the Naval Fire Support in the Action Deck.

The tanks are in the Elite deck. I guess it isn't too much to use that as an elite for the scenario and still use Frontline for all other hostiles.

Maybe someday I will be good enough to use Elite deck!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Chee
Australia
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Suvorov928 wrote:

The tanks are in the Elite deck. I guess it isn't too much to use that as an elite for the scenario and still use Frontline for all other hostiles.

You can always mix Elite and Frontline Soldiers to create an intermediate-level deck, as described in the Optional Rules on p.51:

You may shuffle together the Elite and Frontline decks for a Nation's Hostile cards to generate a set of Hostiles that are harder to defeat than a Frontline deck, but easier to defeat than an Elite deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William L
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bchee wrote:
Suvorov928 wrote:

You can always mix Elite and Frontline Soldiers to create an intermediate-level deck, as described in the Optional Rules on p.51:

You may shuffle together the Elite and Frontline decks for a Nation's Hostile cards to generate a set of Hostiles that are harder to defeat than a Frontline deck, but easier to defeat than an Elite deck.

What can I do to create an "I suck at this game" deck? whistle

Every time I feel like I have a scenario beat, I get killed. Recently I rolled 7 straight ones for Penetration on hostiles. After Reinforcements showed up several turns in a row, and my inability to penetrate anything, my poor 2 man squad had no chance.

I think High Command issued rubber bullets to me by mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Generally I have found if they say a hostile is present it usually taken from the Elite deck even if playing Frontline hostiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I must be doing something wrong as i have just played the Tarawa campaign winning the first 5 objectives only once did I get wounds when a Mortar hit causing every soldier to take a wound. I then hit with a MG and used bandages to clear all the wounds in two turns.

My general guide is Helmet, map, Pistol, grenades, LMG and Binoculars if possible and if two PS try to get Cross Training skill.
I always play very defensively, by at least suppressing every hostile, not always possible if fearless. I always try to keep Overwatch or a defensive card back just in case. I often play expensive terrain because it keeps the number of hostiles down. As I get near an objective I try to make certain I have the right cards to complete the objective. Remember there could be 10 hostile cards in the objective but because you use Camouflage, Steady Aim and prepared fire you take it out scenario ends!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William L
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have core, so no Helmet or Map. Binoculars and Canteen are nice though. Also, since I am new at this and trying to learn the rules on top of strategy, i am usually only playing with 1 PS at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tpholt wrote:
MJA1967 wrote:
bchee wrote:
Suvorov928 wrote:

Mike, while I cannot verify if there is a Naval Fire Support card in the Base Game or not, until I get home, I can confirm there are at least 2 in my PTO Action Deck, because I had a Discard and Draw last night where I drew them both

Tony

Yay! I found the other 2 Naval Fire Support Cards!
They where stuck to other cards.
My cards are sleeved so I had to check each and every one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bauer
United States
Horseheads
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suvorov928 wrote:
bchee wrote:
Suvorov928 wrote:

What can I do to create an "I suck at this game" deck? whistle

Every time I feel like I have a scenario beat, I get killed. Recently I rolled 7 straight ones for Penetration on hostiles. After Reinforcements showed up several turns in a row, and my inability to penetrate anything, my poor 2 man squad had no chance.

I think High Command issued rubber bullets to me by mistake.

Time to get some new dice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PandaBall wrote:
I must be doing something wrong as i have just played the Tarawa campaign winning the first 5 objectives only once did I get wounds when a Mortar hit causing every soldier to take a wound. I then hit with a MG and used bandages to clear all the wounds in two turns.

My general guide is Helmet, map, Pistol, grenades, LMG and Binoculars if possible and if two PS try to get Cross Training skill.
I always play very defensively, by at least suppressing every hostile, not always possible if fearless. I always try to keep Overwatch or a defensive card back just in case. I often play expensive terrain because it keeps the number of hostiles down. As I get near an objective I try to make certain I have the right cards to complete the objective. Remember there could be 10 hostile cards in the objective but because you use Camouflage, Steady Aim and prepared fire you take it out scenario ends!!

I do not have the cards in front of me, nor the campaign sheets, but I'm wondering how you can have enough RP's to outfit your squads with what you indicated. Using the card manifest, and taking just 1 Grenade, I count 17 RP's of Weapons/Items, with a Loadout cost of 14, and that's before adding in the RP cost of your one Player Soldier and other soldiers (Player/NPS/Squad). Depending on the Campaign RP limit, I can see having enough RP's to equip your Soldiers, maybe, but with the Loadout, too?

What is the RP limit on the Tarawa Campaign, and how many squads? It's my understanding that you must take the number of squads listed as there are Starting Spaces, and that the RP's on the Campaign listing must be split up amongst those squads.

I'm really curious on this as I have had no luck at all, and maybe I'm just missing optimal choices.

Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William L
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm at work and do not have the cards in front of me, but I believe Tarawa starts with 3 Squads. That is the one I want to play the most, then Guadalcanal.

I would be curious about those loadouts and starting soldiers as well. I haven't even begun campaigns, as I want to really get all the rules down first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.