Popular Tags: [View All]
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Wreckers don't call for backup, they call for cleanup!
mbmbmbmb
Thread title says it: Has anyone tried the campaign with more than 2 players? My gaming group is usually 3 players total, so it would be cool to play this with 3, but I'm not sure how well this would work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Drewbacca"
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see it proving much more difficult. Having more Traders on the board may make dealing with the Purge easier but at the same time, it's likely to provide more conflict between crews as they battle for objectives and loot.

You'll probably need to home-brew a few things like the third player's airlock (manoeuvring the other two to accommodate likely) but other than that, I think you'll be good to go.

Try it out on the first mission and see how it goes. It might be an idea to increase the hostility by one peg each mission too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy4Games
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I was wondering the same thing. I'm planning on running 4 crews. I figure I'll need to expand each map. Would a 2x4 be big enough? 4x4 too big?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan O
msg tools
You could also put one player in charge of the purge and play it as a 1 vs all game.

For 4 players I'd 2 vs 2 teams

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bill corlett
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In general terms I do not see why you cannot have three players, as mentioned the purge are more easily contained, but there is a greater likliehood of player conflict as the resources are more limited, but still enough space to manouvere

Only real issue would be airlock placement, for two players the start points are equally spaced. Fitting in a third point and keeping it fair needs a little work. maybe instead of choice the start point is randomised, with a winning player allowed a reroll if wamnted for their first choice.

As for four players , my feeling is that the area will be cramped and therefore nearly always lead to gunfights rather than explre/fights. Still doable, but I am thinking might not be the best gaming experience for some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.