Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Curd
United Kingdom
winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, could someone tell me whether the Assessor's ability "Gain 1 lira for each card in your hand" applies to itself?

The rules state that the card only goes into the discard pile after resolving its ability (pg. 10), so does it still count as in your hand until then?

I've found an old ruling for the original viticulture wherein the card stated "not including this card", but the essential edition does not include that stipulation (as the assessor now has an additional ability).

So if playing the Essential edition without that clarification are we to assume the old ruling is still in place, or that it has been dropped?

Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not in my Game
Spain
Guardamar del Segura
Alicante
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a general rule in card games, a card played is not in your hand when you resolve its effect. So I think that no, you not include the Assessor card when you count then number of cards in your hand when is played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dionne
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GatthePekerd wrote:
As a general rule in card games, a card played is not in your hand when you resolve its effect. So I think that no, you not include the Assessor card when you count then number of cards in your hand when is played.

This is how I would play it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct, once you play the card, it's no longer in your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.