Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus Selle
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few questions about Q-powers:

1. I don’t find any range for Roks power. Can he place walls/tunnels all over the board?

2. Nims strong wind. Here the German translation differs from the original. In the German version no direction die is rolled (I suppose that’s wrong).

3. Again Nims strong wind. Does Nim himself also slide?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the german rules really THAT bad?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Selle
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:

Not really - I also don’t find the answer for question 1 in the original rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Takvorian wrote:

1. I don’t find any range for Roks power. Can he place walls/tunnels all over the board?

2. Nims strong wind. Here the German translation differs from the original. In the German version no direction die is rolled (I suppose that’s wrong).

1. On the buddy card there is an icon with range 1.

2./3. According to the Power "Windböe" it should only slide other hero, not Nim itself. It's a typo in the german rules. I think you descide the direction because no dice is rolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:

They could be better in some ways. It lacks of consistency. Some Phrases are not translated like "Mayor" from Mayor Trixie or "Deck" from "Exploration Deck" .. it could be better translated and be more informative.

Some thing which generates questions like "which movementaction and upgrade tokens belong to which hero?" or "How are ongoing world events are resolved?" are totally missing in the english rules. Same for a list of components from the Strech Goals and how they are used or integrated to the game except for additional heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Reitberger
Germany
flag msg tools
In a Playthrough Video, Ryan Said, that the Range of Character Abilities is 7. (On the Sheet its a 7, not a 1)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Selle
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BSW_Tasslehoff wrote:
In a Playthrough Video, Ryan Said, that the Range of Character Abilities is 7. (On the Sheet its a 7, not a 1)

Correct, thanks! I also saw that playthrough video, but I am missing an explicit statement in the rulebook.

As for the buddy cards - the q-powers there are not always identical with the q-powers on the player boards, take for example Pinky Schweets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Selle
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boettchie wrote:
Takvorian wrote:

2./3. According to the Power "Windböe" it should only slide other hero, not Nim itself. It's a typo in the german rules. I think you descide the direction because no dice is rolled.

Thanks for your answer. In the English rulebook ALL heroes get moved by strong wind and random wind and the direction die is used on both events.

So I think Nim should be moved too, and the direction die should be used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Takvorian wrote:
Boettchie wrote:
Takvorian wrote:

Thanks for your answer. In the English rulebook ALL heroes get moved by strong wind and random wind and the direction die is used on both events.

So I think Nim should be moved too, and the direction die should be used.

Interesting .. have you a link to english reference rules?
The missing icon of the die is not helpful to understand the power ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Iler
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
- Default range for Q powers is 7
- Nims power moves ALL players, including NIM, no die roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RyanCreates wrote:
- Default range for Q powers is 7

Thanks for clarifying. Is this stated in the english rules? In the German one it is not. It seems that Rok is the only one with an default range Q Power. What about Nim? Has Nim a range, too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Reitberger
Germany
flag msg tools
Just for clarification of the rules, can you confirm the following?

Random Wind
Roll the directional die, and slide ALL Heroes 1 space in the resulting direction.

Strong Wind
Roll the directional die, then Slide ALL Heroes 2 spaces in the resulting any direction of your choice (orthogonally or diagonally).

Can I slide heroes in different directions? e.g. Hero 1 to the north and Hero 2 to the south?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Iler
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
BSW_Tasslehoff wrote:
Just for clarification of the rules, can you confirm the following?

Random Wind
Roll the directional die, and slide ALL Heroes 1 space in the resulting direction.

Strong Wind
Roll the directional die, then Slide ALL Heroes 2 spaces in the resulting any direction of your choice (orthogonally or diagonally).

Can I slide heroes in different directions? e.g. Hero 1 to the north and Hero 2 to the south?

All heroes move in the SAME direction

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.