Subject: Retail Version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Drewbirds

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
Hey guys! Simple question.

I see the $249.99 tri-box kickstarter version of this game.

Will this be available in retail as just the basic version?

Would love to get this - just not for that price.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Boschetto
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game should be released at Essen 2019 without the ks exclusive box (3d board and metal coins).
The MSRP should be 80e and 30e for the Leeghwater Project expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the only thing not available is the 3d board version of the game. The expansions will be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The metal coins, coin bag, and some promo-ish components (several executive officers, I think) were also KSE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Kowalski
msg tools
jed1knight wrote:
This game should be released at Essen 2019 without the ks exclusive box (3d board and metal coins).

By publisher promise this game should not be sold at Essen fair due to 6 months exclusivity for the backers which will receive game in May-June.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WisniaPL wrote:
By publisher promise this game should not be sold at Essen fair due to 6 months exclusivity for the backers which will receive game in May-June.

That's only a guess, though, and you should make that clear unless you have new information (in which case, please share!)

Frankly, I'd argue that your guess is actually optimistic. Cranio has not, to my knowledge, given us any new information regarding shipping of the game to backers, so for all I know it could be anytime from tomorrow to next year, depending on how the undefined "issues during Barrage production" were resolved. But they did drop a possibly telling hint: they said (on April 1, which does nothing to raise confidence) that production was "almost finished". In addition, they *haven't* told us that the games are on the way yet, and my assumption (for what it's worth) is that they'd be eager to tell us that it was on its way, if that was true. Given that, I'd say we're a *minimum* of 2 months from receiving our copies, given that manufacture may still be wrapping up, then packing, the slow boat from China, customs, repacking at fulfillment, and shipping to our doors.

So *optimistically* June (or later). It would be nice if they were to give us something more solid, even if it was prefaced by "assuming nothing more goes wrong, and no container is flagged for customs inspections".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Schippers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
They promised 6 months exclusive gameplay.
Since we are only 1 week before 6 months prior to Spiel Essen.
It is most unlikely we get the game within one week.
So it's pretty 100% sure they are going to break there big promise during the campaign.

Statement made at the campaign page:
''Another content that we gonna give you is the exclusive 6 months of gameplay. ''

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rednas79 wrote:
They promised 6 months exclusive gameplay.
Since we are only 1 week before 6 months prior to Spiel Essen.
It is most unlikely we get the game within one week.
So it's pretty 100% sure they are going to break there big promise during the campaign.

Statement made at the campaign page:
''Another content that we gonna give you is the exclusive 6 months of gameplay. ''

Agreed, they said that several times. And given that Spiel is 6 months away, they are technically 6 months away from breaking their pledge, and that's assuming they do break it. They have options, such as demoing the game and taking preorder to be shipped 6 months after their KS fulfillment date.

There's a line somewhere between looking out for your interests and automatically assuming that companies will go out of their way to make the worst possible product while you're not looking, and a lot of people seem to be doing a running long jump over that line when it comes to Barrage.

Of the various complaints, right now we know:
* that the game is delayed
* that the engineers are not as unique as we were led to believe
* that the colors have changed due to a combination of color-blind-friendly design and lack of contrast with the board
* that Cranio is keeping a low profile

The rest is guesswork (though admittedly educated guesswork in the case of the dual-layered board thicknesses) and assumptions based on fears rather than fact (in the case of the 6 month exclusive).

If they do end up breaking that pledge, what then? I'll confess it won't bother me overmuch, as long as we get out copies before retail/conventions. But that's just me; I understand that others would (again, if it happens) have a right to be upset. And in that case, they basically have the right to complain, refuse to buy Cranio games in the future, and very little else. That could result in anything from nothing at all to destroying Cranio as a game company

I guess we'll see what Cranio does next...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Schippers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
If the rest whas all ok i whouldn´t mind a little less then 6 months early play either.

But besides the points you pointed out.
They also changed alot of artwork completely. And that whas also one of the thinks that attracted me.

And still the wheel worries me alot since it is one of the most important parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SIMONE COLOMBO
Italy
Genova
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

i tried the copy at the Modena fair and i can say:

* that the game is delayed --> probably it's only a one month delay (May probably)
* that the engineers are not as unique as we were led to believe --> They are, simply since engineers are humans and not robots or similar, Cranio decided ti change little bits of them, like helmets and so on, since changing them totally would have been weird
* that the colors have changed due to a combination of color-blind-friendly design and lack of contrast with the board --> now they are great, trust me!
* that Cranio is keeping a low profile --> true, but i thik they will post some new updates soon

Cheers.
Simone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they posted last night, saying that they were going to try to answer the entire list of questions we've been barraging them with either today or tomorrow.

(See what I did there?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul D.
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Friday came and went, Luigi remained quiet. Are the wheels that bent? I'm getting really upset.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nyhil wrote:
Friday came and went, Luigi remained quiet. Are the wheels that bent? I'm getting really upset.

Yeah, I'm disappointed they didn't post something. Even if they needed more time to work out the details of their recovery plan and/or translation of it (the day and change they said it would take seemed optimistic), it would have been nice to post "We're sorry, but we need the weekend to finish the update, we plan to have it posted by Monday!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Schippers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
It looks like Cranio Creations seems more and more amateurs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Schippers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
jed1knight wrote:

Some components are already downgraded.
It whould not surprise me if this game will be sold for the same or less then at KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rednas79 wrote:
jed1knight wrote:

It whould not surprise me if this game will be sold for the same or less then at KS.

We suspect, but do not know, that this is true. The biggest known problem is the radio silence, leading to the assumption that the suspicions are true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rednas79 wrote:
jed1knight wrote:

At least we got our six months exclusive window.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ufotexspa wrote:

* that the engineers are not as unique as we were led to believe --> They are, simply since engineers are humans and not robots or similar, Cranio decided ti change little bits of them, like helmets and so on, since changing them totally would have been weird.

That’s a pretty weak excuse. Scythe manages to do an awful lot to differentiate faction meeples while still having them be just humans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even something like this would have been a big improvement.

As it gives each faction a little personality and doesn't make them look like they have their pants around their ankles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
Even something like this would have been a big improvement.

Agreed. Definitely. Ah, well, I can live with cloned engineers. The player boards may be on the thin side, but the tech tiles will now be thick enough, if not as thick as we were originally led to believe. I'm still a little concerned by the fact that Giuliano seemed to be carefully avoiding turning the wheel. I think that was because he was using the old, thinner tech tiles, but it's still worrisome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.