8 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ground fighting question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonatan Rueløkke
msg tools
Hi guys

A quick question about Ground Fighting. If i wound while ground fighting is in play then i guess another AI card is wounded away and ground fighting goes to the discard pile correct?

If that is the case then if the lion only has basic action left and has ground fighting in play, it will die if i wound it correct?

Best Regards Jonatan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Batten
Sweden
flag msg tools
Stop Poking!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew M
msg tools
Keep in mind the second part of your question is a way to cheat the monster out of 1 health. If you surge between flow steps, on the monsters turn with no AI card on the deck or in discard, you can kill the monster. Something I learned from the Twist Gaming Group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cymbaline
msg tools
Since the answers have already been given, I'd just like to mention that Ground Fighting is one of those cards that seems awful on your first session or two, but after a little experience you realize it's one of the things that makes the Lion such an easy quarry. Go clear the board of all terrain, set people up as you like, and if you have any ranged attacks, from spear to bow to Pounce, you can take as many attempts as you need with impunity to wound him while Ground Fighting is out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Corson

Springfield
Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For my own clarification...

If a card like ground fighting or enraged is "in play" or active, but the monster has suffered enough wounds to deplete the AI stack, then the monster is defeated correct?

I believe we have been playing correctly by properly discarding moods back into the AI discard once their conditions have been met, but we have also been defeating monsters once we have emptied the AI stack even if there are cards in the active moods that have yet to be discarded. Is this wrong? I didn't realize the basic action card carried a wound value?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cymbaline wrote:
Since the answers have already been given, I'd just like to mention that Ground Fighting is one of those cards that seems awful on your first session or two, but after a little experience you realize it's one of the things that makes the Lion such an easy quarry. Go clear the board of all terrain, set people up as you like, and if you have any ranged attacks, from spear to bow to Pounce, you can take as many attempts as you need with impunity to wound him while Ground Fighting is out there.

Unless you draw a Trap hit location

I've grown to accept this card for what it is. But it still bothers me as a gameplay mechanism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I find it beautiful as a game mechanic: at first, it is a nigh-impassable hurdle, but once you get experienced enough to work around monster's weaknesses, it begins to work for you.

It is a thing that turns around completely once you get experienced hunting- in my eyes, this is exactly how it should be, especially for the earliest quarry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul4768 wrote:
For my own clarification...

If a card like ground fighting or enraged is "in play" or active, but the monster has suffered enough wounds to deplete the AI stack, then the monster is defeated correct?

I believe we have been playing correctly by properly discarding moods back into the AI discard once their conditions have been met, but we have also been defeating monsters once we have emptied the AI stack even if there are cards in the active moods that have yet to be discarded. Is this wrong? I didn't realize the basic action card carried a wound value?

The monster is defeated once there are no more AI cards in the draw or discard pile and it suffers one more wound (essentially removing the basic action card if you like to think about it like that). This is a very basic and fundamental thing addressed clearly in the prologue.

Moods that are active don't have to be removed to kill the monster.
Other AI cards that are active/in-play don't have to be removed to kill the monster (surging during final AI card to kill the monster as addressed earlier in this thread).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.