tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Foster
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone asked in the KS comments, why are people requesting a big box? I also have all the expansions, in sleeves, and everything fits in the original box with room to spare for this expansion.

Just curious...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattpburgess wrote:
jalwaaa wrote:
Can we expect a bigger box stretch goal? so we can fit everything in 1 box
The FAQs confirm that, no, we can't.

That's a bummer, how hard can it be?

If the campaign gets more than expected funds then maybe there is some hope, i have seen projects go back on their words and make things happen that they were sure they wouldn't offer at first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RLFoster wrote:
As someone asked in the KS comments, why are people requesting a big box? I also have all the expansions, in sleeves, and everything fits in the original box with room to spare for this expansion.

Just curious...

Maybe people want inserts as well?

Personally, I was never keen on the box itself - always seemed far flimsier than any other box currently on the market. So I'd be happy with well-organised inserts and a thicker box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Vitroler
Austria
Tirol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no problem fitting it in one box as well. The game is mostly cards anyway...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RLFoster wrote:

Just curious...
3d printed tiles. Those fill up the box really quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Vitroler
Austria
Tirol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the bigger box will never support 3d printed tiles as they are not sold by stronghold...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrii Krokhmalnyi
Ukraine
Lviv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to have a bigger box too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Little
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jalwaaa wrote:
mattpburgess wrote:
jalwaaa wrote:

Not that hard, but if it wasn’t something they were planning for when they scoped the project, it would be very difficult to do it well and meet their goal of shipping by Essen. They would need to design and prototype the box with all of their production partners (more difficult if they try to do an insert), and then get it slotted in for production, and then shipped to distribution centers. There is a lot of other logistical choices that could impact the cost and ability to deliver (single language cover design that is cheaper to manufacture in bulk, but has to be shipped all over the world, or localized designs that cost more to produce per copy, but have less freight costs)? Even if they went with the “easiest” solution, it would probably push delivery back to Q1 2020.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bishop37 wrote:
jalwaaa wrote:
mattpburgess wrote:
jalwaaa wrote:

Not that hard, but if it wasn’t something they were planning for when they scoped the project, it would be very difficult to do it well and meet their goal of shipping by Essen. They would need to design and prototype the box with all of their production partners (more difficult if they try to do an insert), and then get it slotted in for production, and then shipped to distribution centers. There is a lot of other logistical choices that could impact the cost and ability to deliver (single language cover design that is cheaper to manufacture in bulk, but has to be shipped all over the world, or localized designs that cost more to produce per copy, but have less freight costs)? Even if they went with the “easiest” solution, it would probably push delivery back to Q1 2020.

Do not mind the delay, if it gives us the box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lam I Am
United States
Highland
UT
flag msg tools
To play is human; to win, divine.
badge
There is no shame in losing, if you remain unafraid to play again. -Losers
mbmbmbmbmb
RLFoster wrote:

Just curious...

It's not really about the size of the box, it's about a single box designed to hold everything.

vs

In the second image everything fits, but . . . it could be better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W BGG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL

You couldn't describe it better!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigger box equals much higher shipping cost. Plus how can you design a box that will fit everything if you don't know what "everything" is yet (i.e. possible future expansions)?

I can fit everything in the normal box just fine without anything being damaged. I'd rather wait until the final expansion and get a bigger box then (if it's needed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dsdhornet wrote:
Bigger box equals much higher shipping cost. Plus how can you design a box that will fit everything if you don't know what "everything" is yet (i.e. possible future expansions)?

I can fit everything in the normal box just fine without anything being damaged. I'd rather wait until the final expansion and get a bigger box then (if it's needed).

This is it buddy, this is the last of the expansions, said by Stronghold on many an Interviews, plus the designer has said previously that there were only 6 planned expansions, the current ks is expansion 5&6 mixed into 1.

Hence the need for a bigger box and a sturdy box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolay Andreev
Bulgaria
Varna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I have a made my own paper based insert that fits all the expansions + Pathfinder + my own custom player boards.

I only need to confirm the exact size of the delegate pieces to know it I will be able to fit them too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
If there's a bigger box stretch goal, I'd like there to be a bigger shelf stretch goal as well. My current box holds all the stuff I have (in an orderly way), with room to add the Turmoil expansion. And it fits in my Kallax chest.

If there were a bigger box, I would need a bigger Kallax as well. So please provide a stretch goal that covers that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
samlamiam wrote:
In the second image everything fits, but . . . it could be better.

Whereas in the first image those cute colourful spoons had to be thrown out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jalwaaa wrote:
dsdhornet wrote:

This is it buddy, this is the last of the expansions, said by Stronghold on many an Interviews, plus the designer has said previously that there were only 6 planned expansions, the current ks is expansion 5&6 mixed into 1.

Hence the need for a bigger box and a sturdy box.

They have said this is the last big expansion (Venus Next and Colonies is considered big as well), they have not said that it is the last expansion ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.