Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know if there is going to be an app version of Gaia Project in the near future? I pretty much can't play with anyone local, and the PBFs are hit-and-miss; so, my next-best hope is an app (ideally a multiplayer app to play against others).

Any news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Digidiced has bought the digital rights, so they will make an app in the future (but no clue what that means, can be anything from 1-10 years)

what you mean with hit-and-miss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. Well, at least there's one in the works! I'll look forward to any news about it.

I just mean there isn't always a group doing a PBF. An app would be playable whenever. That being said, I would probably still love doing PBFs even if there were an app. I enjoy playing against the very good players that are on the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis C
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mentat1231 wrote:
Do we know if there is going to be an app version of Gaia Project in the near future? I pretty much can't play with anyone local, and the PBFs are hit-and-miss; so, my next-best hope is an app (ideally a multiplayer app to play against others).

Any news?

I'm in a similar predicament, and finally gave the solo mode a chance, and it was really good. I was kind of surprised by how similar it felt to the "real game." I'd give it a shot. To answer your question though, I haven't heard anything about an app unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mentat1231 wrote:
Ok. Well, at least there's one in the works! I'll look forward to any news about it.

I just mean there isn't always a group doing a PBF. An app would be playable whenever. That being said, I would probably still love doing PBFs even if there were an app. I enjoy playing against the very good players that are on the site.

as some of my games were finished (or are close too) I could run more
but you are right, an App would probably greatly increase the user base

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Feathers
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a link to the the news thus far about the app (that includes a link to the thread where it was originally discussed). https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/86340/app-news-champions-...

Basically it's quite a ways out and who knows when it will come, but someone is working on it and we'll eventually have an app for Gaia Project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
to_mars wrote:
Mentat1231 wrote:

Any news?

I'm in a similar predicament, and finally gave the solo mode a chance, and it was really good. I was kind of surprised by how similar it felt to the "real game." I'd give it a shot.

This! I took a gamble and got this game primarily to play solo (but with the option for multi-player), and have not been disappointed - it's very enjoyable solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I've played about 50 solo games and like it a lot. I just have almost no experience at higher player counts and would like to grow. But, I agree it is an amazing solo integration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
There is no current time estimate for release. I'll let you know when the time is right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Harding
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad." - Salvador Dali
badge
Mostly harmless
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming it is still the case that a free web implementation of the game would not be permitted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K O
msg tools
There was even for a time a free web implementation on a chinese website, but it was shut down due to copyright issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lenrok wrote:
There was even for a time a free web implementation on a chinese website, but it was shut down due to copyright issues.

There were more then one implementation (I think I know about 4 or so) which were all shut down

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz M
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is sad, when there is no official app. I am 100% for blocking unofficial apps when there is an official app. But until then I think they should allow nonprofit fanmade apps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
nilfheim wrote:
This is sad, when there is no official app. I am 100% for blocking unofficial apps when there is an official app. But until then I think they should allow nonprofit fanmade apps.

We considered it but heard that more people were upset when this has happened before with other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
nilfheim wrote:

We considered it but heard that more people were upset when this has happened before with other games.
people will complain anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.