Xia: Legends of a Drift System» Forums » General

Subject: Any expansions on the horizon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aarón Maturana
Spain
Valencia / Valladolid
flag msg tools
I recently acquired this amazing game... And I want more! Any chances that a new big expansion shows up in the near future? There is a lot of great stuff made up by the community that I wish it became official.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no short term plans for one. Cody is working on a different game right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno ... with the Embers expansion it looks pretty complete to me meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Cohen
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AaronMC wrote:
I recently acquired this amazing game... And I want more! Any chances that a new big expansion shows up in the near future? There is a lot of great stuff made up by the community that I wish it became official.

Thank you.
They just released "Xia: Missions and Powers" less than six months ago so they're probably done for a while. The two expansions they have make they game great and hugely replayable. What more are you looking for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Alaska
msg tools
mb
I agree with the previous comments regarding the roadmap - I can't see any new content coming out for a while, since we are just on the heels of the Embers KS delivery and the Missions & Powers mini-expansion.

The dev kits just sold out, but they are a great way to expand the game yourself, while still using official tiles and tokens:

https://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/xia-dev-kit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
Pomboo. Si samaki, si mnyama. Si mzee, si kijana.
badge
mbmbmb
One might say any expansions are on the ... event horizon.

(I’ll be spacing myself...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Againsto wrote:
One might say any expansions are on the ... event horizon.

(I’ll be spacing myself...)

Consider yourself airlocked!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Savin
msg tools
mb
I'm sure they will be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jozan
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd say some kind of legacy / scenarios expansion would be cool, without adding more stuff to the game. Maybe some new NPCs.

The game really is pretty massive right now but I understand OP's desires for more, MORE!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Do the right thing. It's usually obvious.
badge
I has a stick! A tiny green stick!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cody has been adamant from the beginning that there are actions and minor actions, but no such thing as a major action. I'm speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised if the term is being reserved for something from a future expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
Ireland
flag msg tools
I'd love some more hex tiles. After loads of plays the same ones are getting a bit stale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.