Subject: S.H.I.E.L.D. Officer (another one still ;) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This one is derived from the "Uncle Chu" card from the "Big Trouble in Little China" set.

At the end of your turn, you would normally discard any played cards and any cards left in your hand, then draw a new hand. This effect happens just before all those discards and is only triggered if you have not defeated anything.
You will have to consider when your discard pile is empty or has no suitable cards in it to determine if you want to leave a card in your hand instead of playing it during your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris E
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still seems very powerful for a 3 cost always available. Basically free KO'ing from turn 3. I would maybe make the additional text behind a SHIELD: synergy to tone it down a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may get one on round 3 but it only works if you don't defeat something.
Was aware of that potential so was also thinking maybe only apply it to the discard pile as that will be empty in most cases at round 3. But then thought it may never get used....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Medaris
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's a good idea to give some life back in the SHIELD Officer card. I do agree with Chris that it may be a touch overpowered for a card that is always available to purchase.

What about language along the lines of "If you have not defeated an enemy this turn, you must KO a hero from your hand or discard pile." Add some risk into the play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As suggested by crimsonlaw

Version 3 already

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was an earlier version that I had on the drawing board, what do you think about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris E
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I kinda feel like Madame Hydra is already the perfect upgrade to Maria. Dodge + must discard to play feels better than straight 2* and still balanced at 3 cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As suggested by madantichris.

Should be enough different versions that people can pick and choose what they want

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Desmond Grey
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think the best option both thematically and for balancing purposes is simply add Coordinate.

Whenever people try to rework Maria Hill they almost always make her too OP. She’s supposed to be a last choice option when you have 3 recruit sitting around. Making her as balanced as a regular Hero’s 3 cost cards goes against her purpose. Ideally, she shouldn’t be chosen over another 3 cost Hero in the HQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Snaer
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlingBlingDaBunny wrote:
I think the best option both thematically and for balancing purposes is simply add Coordinate.

Whenever people try to rework Maria Hill they almost always make her to OP. She’s supposed to be a last choice option when you have 3 recruit sitting around. Making her as balanced as a regular Hero’s 3 cost cards goes against her purpose. Ideally, she shouldn’t be chosen over another 3 cost Hero in the HQ.

Very much agreed. Just as she is in the normal game, she isn't too expensive as a 3-cost. Sure, I'll 100% buy a "Here, Hold This" Deadpool over Maria, but as she is, I think it's completely necessary for a Hero that's always able to be recruited.

And I 100% agree with adding Coordinate to her, since it's just a small ability which would really help add some flavor to her role as an "Officer."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One final version to select from as suggested by BlingBlingDaBunny.

After reviewing all the input/ideas (good discussion BTW) I think personally, I will go with the Dodge version. Be good to make use of the "Madame Hydra" effect as we don't play Villains and also the discard may actually come in handy sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M P
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I think that Version 3 here might still be workable with one change: if you can only do the KO once in a turn, no matter how many SHIELD Officers you've played.

At least, I'd consider making something like that available in a game where there aren't many ways to KO, like if you're playing with the Hand Ninja as henchmen and your heroes aren't very helpful for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.