Dice Forge: Rebellion» Forums » General

Subject: Does this help with 2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Comeau-Ponton
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I recently got Dice Forge and though I really enjoy it with multiple players, it's not as fun with 2.

Rebellion seems to bring a lot to the table, but I was wondering if this expansion helps the 2 players experience. Dice Forge is game I will play everytime we are at least 3, that's sure. But will Rebellion make me wanna play it as much when we are just 2?

What are your comments on this?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
We'd be better equipped to answer you question if we know why you don't enjoy the base game when playing with only 2 players. Can you provide some insight on that front?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Comeau-Ponton
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
We'd be better equipped to answer you question if we know why you don't enjoy the base game when playing with only 2 players. Can you provide some insight on that front?

Indeed, though it seems to be a pretty common opinion about the game.

I find the pace of the game better and the interactions a lot more fun with more people. I did not play many times with 2 players, but it felt like strategies and choices did not matter as much as with 4 people.

I am not saying it's bad, I was just wondering what was your experience with 2players in the core game vs rebellion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Mertens
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No it doesn’t help... you already have cards that are not interested in a two player games. Perhaps it’s possible to optimise by choosing a mixed cards from the base game and the expansion.

But for the moment (only play one time with the expansion), for me, the game need a special set of cards for two players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.