Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The rules aren't quite clear on this, though it's stated as a "reminder"...

That recruiting an Expert can only be done if the player selects "Furbish their Museum" as their action. Whereas if the player selects "Perform an Inventory" as their action, then recruiting an Expert is NOT an available option. Correct?

It' a question because the "Recruiting Experts" paragraph says, "During their turn, players can also pay to hire one of three Expert characters..."
(underline emphasis mine)

That wording originally left me to believe that hiring an Expert can be done during the turn, which implies that it doesn't matter which action the player chose for their turn. But on the next page, as a "reminder" (meaning that it's already been stated prior, but where?), it says that "If a player performs an Inventory, then they cannot ... recruit any Experts this Turn."

The "reminder" is clear enough, but as it contradicts the wording in the 'Recruiting Experts' paragraph, is why I'm seeking additinal clarity.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Melison
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The action of recruiting an expert is only linked to the action of developing your Museum (French to english translation), i.e. when I am exhibiting object cards in my Museum.
If you do the Inventory action, you could only do this action.
It is of course possible in both actions to play a single favor card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.