Subject: How is it this boardgame? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Delia Volpi
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am wondering how is it this game?
Does it play well?
Is it a good game for heavy gamers or is it a family game?
Is this game perfect for which kind of groups?

It looks really funny, but a bit light for us...

Thanks for every answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc LeBlanc
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
I'm hoping other folks will chime in here but I think it's pretty comparable to Lords of Waterdeep in terms of complexity.

I think the Tantrum House preview will give you a good sense of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delia Volpi
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the answer. I found a playthrough from Ant Lab games. I want to give a look at it. The theme of this game is very original and the art looks really nice and funny.
I live in EU and at the moment we can only preorder from one online store (which is not my usual one) and it seems to be available in June (or later)...not easy to find....this means not a lot of publicity for it..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Furrow

Westampton
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
Asheron’s Call
mbmbmbmbmb
Little bit more strategy then Lords of Waterdeep IMO.

It’s a different kind of worker placement game. The closed signs are basically the workers and if strategically placing the hero’s can limit your opponent’s move.. or even yours.. But there are other places you can go on on your turn other then move Heroes and they are all good moves... there really are no bad areas to go.

Theme of the game is what drew me in and the game play is great.
It’s also kind of fun watching a new player’s face reacts when you describe the theme to them

This was the first game I kickstarted and I knew I wanted it after watching Rahdo Runs Through. It was a long and painful time between end of KS to getting it in our hands. (But they were right on time). They were great keeping us up to date with monthly updates.

I’ve been very pleased with the game and components and I’m hoping to get a play is this weekend with company coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Baraf
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad it worked so well for you, Joe!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve played twice and really enjoy it. The theme alone could carry it, but the smooth gameplay and outstanding production really make it a game worthy of my shelves.

The Dice Tower posted a review last week that’s pretty comprehensive, Worth checking out for another opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delia Volpi
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have to wait for next week to see the all playthrough from Ant Lab games (it is a bit long and I need time and Gb)...but it looks really nice.
I am really tempted. I already own Sunset over water and Herbaceous from Baraf. I like them both a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Baraf
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you enjoy our games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.