Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My group absolutely loves Terraforming Mars, but we all feel the same way about the expansions: Everything up to Colonies is great and perfect, but we are right there at the line of "bloat". I'm very glad Colonies is there; it's wonderful... but it also gets the game right to the line where I want to say "no more!"

How do all of you feel? Especially, in the wake of the Turmoil announcement?

Poll
How do you feel about more Terraforming Mars expansions?
Everything up to Colonies is far enough! No more!
Colonies was too far already!
Turmoil will be a welcome addition, but then STOP!
Keep it coming even beyond Turmoil!
      363 answers
Poll created by Mentat1231
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And before anyone says it (not that it'll stop anyone), I am well aware that this is the most poorly-worded poll of all time, and that I left off at least as many options as I included. LOL. But, really, I'm curious to see if my group's sentiment is echoed by many here, or if one of the other options I gave is more common.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody is requiring you to buy more expansions. If you're done, stop buying them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
Nobody is requiring you to buy more expansions. If you're done, stop buying them.

Of course. And I hope no one gets the idea that my poll or my question have anything to do with whether we are allowed to stop wherever we wish. That would be very silly indeed.

My poll has to do with the general desirability of more expansion content, in the opinions of the TM fan base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
If they come up with something else they think is fun, then why not.

I'm pretty sure Turmoil is all they have planned for though from all the talk I've heard leading up to this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waxbottle wrote:
Keep them coming I guess... Doesn't mean I have to buy them all or use them all in the same session.

Right, but I meant in terms of what you would want them to produce, so that you could in fact buy it. Now, the question of including every expansion each time (which is already thrown off a little by the nature of H&E) is an interesting one. But, the buying question goes right to the point of the poll. Do you want to purchase and add more content beyond Colonies? Beyond Turmoil even?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be owning the new expansion because my spouse is a completionist for his favorite games.

However, I think Prelude and the expansion boards are the only expansions I would want to independently own. Colonies and Venus are fine and I will play them, but they just feel a little bloated and tacked on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game looks awfully bloated with turmoil.

Honestly, i dont care, gonna buy everything and play with everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
↓ first, last name ↓
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the most poorly-worded poll of all time. You left off at least as many options as you included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rikard Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I mean.... "Everything up to Colonies is far enough! No more!" is closest to what I feel right now. However, that didn't stop me from insta-fudning the Turmoil Kickstarter.

I'll definately play it a fair number of times before passing judgement on it. Didn't expect prelude to be good either, and I've completely changed my mind about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sawler
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like a corporation expansion. They could just release more corporations and I would be happy.

I would also like a small expansion that combines and unifies elements from all the other expansions. Kind of like the 3rd Edition of Arkham Horror had an expansion for the expansions. So Prelude cards that give colonies, delegates, or raise Venus. Or project cards that combine multiple expansions, so a card that gives you delegates and raises Venus, etc.

But mainly, more corporations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
webslinger9 wrote:
I would like a corporation expansion. They could just release more corporations and I would be happy.

I would also like a small expansion that combines and unifies elements from all the other expansions. Kind of like the 3rd Edition of Arkham Horror had an expansion for the expansions. So Prelude cards that give colonies, delegates, or raise Venus. Or project cards that combine multiple expansions, so a card that gives you delegates and raises Venus, etc.

This. Absolutely. This is exactly what our group would love as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lam I Am
United States
Highland
UT
flag msg tools
To play is human; to win, divine.
badge
There is no shame in losing, if you remain unafraid to play again. -Losers
mbmbmbmbmb
They are making so much money off of Terraforming Mars, it would shock me if they don't publish a standalone sequel, like Brass: Birmingham or Small World: Underground.

Post-apocalyptic Terraforming Earth? Terraforming Stars? Populating Mars?

If I just gave them the idea, all I want is my name in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
samlamiam wrote:
They are making so much money off of Terraforming Mars, it would shock me if they don't publish a standalone sequel, like Brass: Birmingham or Small World: Underground.

Well, they ARE making 'Terraforming Mars Legacy' as we speak ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lam I Am
United States
Highland
UT
flag msg tools
To play is human; to win, divine.
badge
There is no shame in losing, if you remain unafraid to play again. -Losers
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
samlamiam wrote:

Well, they ARE making 'Terraforming Mars Legacy' as we speak ...

I did not know that. A legacy game (especially if cooperative) is maybe the one way for the Terraforming Mars franchise to not get my money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter S.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Enough?! NEVAR!!! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We bought Prelude to make the game shorter if we want to. We have no desire to buy any other expansion yet. Perhaps Turmoil could change that, but probably not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl
Canada
Port Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I kind of like the idea of having a game with a ton of mix and match expansions. If they can keep the quality to colonies level or better I’ll be happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Habelitz
Germany
Zweibrücken
Reinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:

That's the conclusion after Colonies...
I think it's far too expensive - The base game costs 43€, 1st and 3rd expansion was 20€, 2nd was 25€ and the last was at 30€ ...
This makes TM the most expensive game in my collection (and I have 40 games at minumum that are better) and if I knew how the expansions play before I bought them I'd saved 55€ because Venus and Colonies are not good at all... luckily they're not that bad that they break the game...

Turmoil brings another element of luck (which I dislike) and is the most expensive expansion up to date 40€? I usually buy expansions to games I like, but TM gone to far...

I wish all the best to the designers for the future - you made a good game and 2 nice expansions. I will not find out what you do in the future with TM, but I will enjoy playing the old stuff and maybe I give away the not so good expansions... we'll see
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BD
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always wanted to see an additional map featuring the north pole of Mars. This would add the greatest amount of diversity to playing options for players to choose from as an extra map board would work with any of the other expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fitz Fitz
France
Fitz-James
Hauts-de-France
flag msg tools
I would like more expansions focusing on the already released expansions. Meaning mostly cards (corporations, projects, colonies tiles and global events) that interact with Venus, Colonies, Prelude and Turmoil. No need for another board imo.

EDIT : Basically this was said

webslinger9 wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I would love some expansion expansions. I mean, more prelude cards more colonies, randomized awards/milestones... More to increase variety and no more mechanics that change/lengthen the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about turning Pathfinders into an official expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Jagerstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bring it on! Yeah, I´m crazy, but I like it that way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerard & Paula
Netherlands
Assen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
webslinger9 wrote:

This and more project cards please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.